Saturday, March 20, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 83 of 84

I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2 today, at my son's request (341 calories). It's his favorite. I tried doing it barefoot but I couldn't. So I'm going to need to buy some different shoes for Insanity. I cannot do cardio on the floor, and I can't do it on an area rug (because it slides all over). Now I'm regretting spending all that money on running shoes, because I only used them a few times. I'll probably try Insanity with them, but now I'm reading that they are not good for the high impact moves. Everything I read before I bought them said they'd be fine. WTF ever!

It occurred to me this morning that spend a lot of time pointing out where I've failed, and not enough time highlighting my successes. Last night, for example, I wanted some cookies. I passed on them. TWICE. This morning, I wanted some 1-point-per-slice turkey bacon but settled for half a slice. Okay, I confess, I just stole it off my son's plate on a whim. But I didn't make any for myself. I also wanted toast this morning, and then held off on it. I did take the cheese, hoping a little fat and a bit more protein would keep me from being hungry right away. It wasn't even 2 hours before I was looking for something else to eat. I gagged down some nonfat plain yogurt. God, that shit is nasty. Cinnamon & Splenda help.

scrambled eggs w/ onion, cheese [2 pts] & salsa, half a piece of turkey bacon [1 pt]

yogurt w/ apple, cinnamon & Splenda

venison tenderloin, carrot slices & chick peas, 1 rectangle of a Hershey bar [1 pt]

walnuts [5 pts] & string cheese [1 pt]; I needed something portable and filling (in the fat & protein sense, NOT fiber. Fiber doesn't do jack for filling me up) to hold me over for several hours on the road.

baked shrimp w/ romaine lettuce & chipotle mayonnaise [1 pt]

Two cups of coffee and 60 ounces of water.

No comments: