Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 66 of 84

I really tried to get my 80 ounces of water in today but I was so damn cold that I couldn't force any more down. I drank 60 ounces, and that's good compared to how most of the winter has gone. This cold intolerance thing is making me crazy. I'm certain I'm hypothyroid AND have Raynaud's. My fingers started to turn blue last night. They are never warm, unless I've got them in warm water. But I get so cold coming out of water that I wonder if it's worthwhile. I'm eating to keep warm, I think, and I need to nip that before it gets out of control. I drink coffee and/or tea all day long to try to keep a little warm (though it never helps my hands, feet, and nose) but I end up using too much Splenda. I have to kick the sweetener habit, artificial or real - doesn't matter. It all needs to go. And I don't have the slightest idea what to do about it. I don't want a substitute. I want the desire for sweet things gone.

Warm Up
Y-squat - 10 reps
Decline push up - 8 reps
Bulgarian split squat - 8 reps per side
Spiderman lunge - 10 reps per side
repeat

Workout C - rest 1 minute after each superset
A1) wide squat (3x8x65 lbs)
A2) stability ball crunch (3x15)
B1) front squat (3x8x40 lbs)
B2) Romanian dead lift (3x8x70 lbs)
Bodyweight circuit (1-3 rounds):
C1) Y-squat (20)
C2) diagonal lunge (10 per side)
C3) inverted row (10)
C4) burpees (10) or jumping jacks (60 s)

Good workout. I love RDLs!! I love using the suspension trainer for inverted rows. I am not a fan of the Y-squat. Or the T-squat. Or bodyweight squats in genera. 2 activity points.

cereal w/ Fiber One yogurt, banana, part of a homemade granola bar [2 pts]

scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa, toast w/ reduced sugar jelly [1 pt]

ground venison w/ mixed vegetables; I tried to wait longer to eat but I was so hungry after 2 hours.

carrot & celery sticks; Snacking before dinner :(

beef stroganoff [2 pts for light sour cream]; I think one whole serving of pasta was too much. I definitely ate beyond satisfaction. If I didn't claim my whole serving, my bottomless-pit husband would have eaten it, whether I told him I was saving it or not.

toast w/ banana-ricotta spread [3 pts]; I have a bunch of ricotta cheese to use up and I'm desperate for recipes that don't involve pasta & sauce.

Four cups of coffee and 60 ounces of water. 15 weekly and 7 activity points remaining.

No comments: