Thursday, March 11, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 74 of 84

After I posted last night, I ate some cantaloupe. Lots of cantaloupe. Probably way too much cantaloupe.

I didn't do my intervals today. I will do them Saturday. I woke up with a bad headache (I've switched to decaf coffee and I think that's causing problems.) and my son is still sick AND he has another allergy appointment today. It's just been total chaos this week.

I have re-discovered cold coffee. I don't know one coffee product from another. The recipe is 1-2 tsp sugar (I use 2 drops of liquid Splenda) and 1-2 tsp of instant coffee, in a shaker with an ice cube and enough water to cover the ice cube. Shake that up, pour it in a glass. Add water. The recipe didn't say how much water. I used about 3/4 cup of milk. And let me tell you, this very well could be my next addiction. It takes me 30 seconds to drink, whereas the same amount of hot coffee takes me over an hour to drink. I made a second glass, this time with just 1 drop of Splenda, 1/4 cup skim milk, and 3/4 cups of water. It wasn't as delicious as the first glass but it was enjoyable. This could mean trouble. I have to find a way to make this novelty more substantial, otherwise, I'm going to be drinking a lot of milk (not necessarily a bad thing) and a lot of Splenda (something I'm trying to wean myself off). I could add some protein power, but then I'd need to drag out the blender because a shaker just doesn't cut it. I could add an egg - I think I can use the shaker to blend it well enough. I will have to play with it. I'd like to make something that will last longer than a minute.

"fried" eggs w/ cheese [2 pts] light English muffin [1 pt]

roasted broccoli & cauliflower, ground turkey on bread [1 pt]; I am so proud of myself for using only one slice of bread!! Normally, I'd use 2, but I need to cut back on the breads. Which means I probably shouldn't have had it on bread at all, since I had an English muffin earlier, but I didn't have any lettuce leaves.

yogurt [2 pts]

grilled steak w/ vegetable risotto [3 pts for cheese & butter]

yogurt bowl [2 pts for nuts]; I found this in the Insanity nutrition guide, and wanted to try it. I'm not a fan of plain, nonfat yogurt. This recipe is 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, a chopped apple, 1 tsp honey, 1 tbs chopped walnuts. I hope I learn to really like it.

Two cups of hot coffee and a lot of glasses of cold coffee. 16 weekly and 6.5 activity points remaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,

have you tried coffee bean & tea leaf's coffee extract? i love it. makes the perfect iced coffee.

it's like coffee syrup.

awesome

Becky said...

I have not, but I will check into it - thanks! I usually use Capella flavor drops.