Monday, March 15, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 78 of 84

Meatless Monday! I semi-planned my day.

This is my last week of Turbulence Training workouts. It feels like I just started! P90X seemed to take forever, but this has just flown by. Maybe because the workouts are shorter and I didn't have to worry about surgery in the middle of my rotation!

Warm Up
Y-squat - 10 reps
Decline push up - 8 reps
Bulgarian split squat - 8 reps per side
Spiderman lunge - 10 reps per side
repeat

Workout A - rest 1 minute after each superset
A1) db flat press (1x4x35 lbs, 2x6x30 lbs)
A2) one-arm db row (3x6x30 lbs)
B1) db triple press (3x6x20 lbs)
B2) bb row (3x10x55 lbs)
C) dead lift (3x20x55 lbs)

I really wanted to increase that flat press weight but just couldn't keep decent form with 35 pounds. I debated whether or not to go to 32.5 but I hate an unbalanced dumbbell. I really need some adjustables. 2 activity points.

Interval Workout A - 3 min warm up, 30 s bodyweight exercises very hard pace, 30 s moderate pace bodyweight exercises x 6, 3 min cool down - again with the burpee/shuffle work combo, and I did a much lighter jog than normal and only burned 75 calories for half an activity point.

banana

"fried" eggs w/ cheese [1 pt] on light English muffin [1 pt]

salad w/ honey mustard dressing [1 pt]

candy bars [9]; Damn it. While I'm really disappointed that I caved and ate not one but two candy bars, I am pleased that I did not let it keep me from staying on plan the rest of the day. I almost gave up on Weight Watchers AND Meatless Monday. As soon as I was able to log my points though, I felt better.

sweet potato salad w/ falafel; I really have to work on stopping when I hit satisfaction. I get that "sigh" they talk about and I know it means I'm satisfied but sometimes I can't put the fork down. I really, really need to work on that.

apple & cottage cheese

Three cups of coffee, two glasses of iced coffee and 30 ounces of water. 23 weekly and 2.5 activity points remaining.

5 comments:

Jess said...

You are doing GREAT, Becky! Don't forget how far you've come in the last few years. :)

Becky said...

Thanks, Jess!

Melty said...

It's called, "the breathe." Did I tell you about that?

Becky said...

You didn't. Mine's more like an "ugh" though LOL

Melty said...

Ok, what's funny about that is that I'm almost certain that originated with my leader. She's been talking about that for years.