Saturday, March 13, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 76 of 84

I wanted to skip my warm up because I'd spent 45 minutes moving everything (including furniture) out of our guest room so we can finish putting down the new flooring. But, I did it anyway, because these aren't just "warm up" exercises - they kind of wear you out as much as the workout does.

Warm Up
Y-squat - 10 reps
Decline push up - 8 reps
Bulgarian split squat - 8 reps per side
Spiderman lunge - 10 reps per side
repeat

Workout D - rest 1 minute after each superset
A1) db push press (3x5x25 lbs)
A2) one-leg ball jackknife (3x10 per side)
B1) db close grip press (3x8x25 lbs)
B2) bb split squat (3x8x45 lbs per side)
C1) assisted pull up (7/6/6)
C2) dips (16/15/15)

Interval Workout A - 3 min warm up, 30 s bodyweight exercises very hard pace, 30 s moderate pace bodyweight exercises x 6, 3 min cool down - again, I alternated burpees and shuffles for the work interval and jogging for the recovery interval. I burned 91 calories in the 12 minutes, and I'm taking half an activity point for it. I suppose I could take one, but I'm rounding down to give myself some cushion. I don't know why they hell I bother with activity points anymore - if I'm hungry, I can always eat off the Filling Foods list and it won't count against me. But I'm still trying to master the whole "eating to satisfaction" thing. Plus, this might keep me from eating junk. Lately, I have been pretty good about not using my APs for real crap. I save it for cheese and whole wheat bread. I need to give myself some bread rules though.

After my workout, I went for a walk with my son while he rode his bike. I really need to get one of those.

scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa, light English muffin w/ reduced sugar jelly [1 pt]

banana

turkey patty w/ cheese [1 pt] on bread [1 pt], mixed vegetables

raw vegetable slices

shrimp, kidney beans & mixed vegetables

apple & cottage cheese

Three cups of coffee, four glasses of iced coffee and 40 ounces of water. 7 weekly and 9 activity points remaining.

No comments: