Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 65 of 84

Warm Up
Y-squat - 10 reps
Decline push up - 8 reps
Bulgarian split squat - 8 reps per side
Spiderman lunge - 10 reps per side
repeat

Workout B - 60 second rest between rounds, none between exercises
A1) bb complex (1-3 rounds, rest 1 min at the end of each round): 8 reps (per side when applicable) of split squat, good morning, row, dead lift
Bodyweight ciruit (1-3 rounds):
B1) jumping jacks (60)
B2) Spiderman push up (8 per side)
B3) Siff squat (25)
B4) waiter's bow (15)
B5) burpees (10)

I used 30 pounds for the first round in my complex, and 35 pounds for the next two. Next week, I'll move up again. And again, I couldn't do Spiderman push ups, so I did regular push ups. 2 activity points. 

apple & cottage cheese

scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa, toast w/ reduced-sugar jelly [1 pt]

three bean salad w/ quinoa & grilled chicken breast; I had a second serving of this a couple hours later  [2 pts for the second serving of healthy oils]

quinoa & venison stuffed cabbage w/ marinara sauce [1 pt]; It was hard just having one cabbage roll - there was only 1/3 serving of quinoa & 1 ounce of meat in it, and barely half a serving of sauce but I was satisfied, so I stepped away.

half a mandarin orange

banana, homemade granola bar [2 pts], grilled cheese sandwich [3 pts]; I was crazy hungry!! I would have eaten everything in site if common sense hadn't taken over.

Four cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water. 23 weekly points and 5 activity points remaining.

6 comments:

Melty said...

spiderman pushups is just with your legs apart right? I actually think these seem easier.

Becky said...

Legs normal, but you go down and bring your knee to your elbow, keeping your foot off the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJSCntC77U

Melty said...

Ok. I know what you're talking about. I've done that. Those are hard.

But I think sometimes people call the ones with your legs spread Spiderman too.

Becky said...

I hate that there is no consistency with exercise names. I also saw Spiderman push ups as side-to-side push ups and walking push ups and as push ups with your legs wrapped over your shoulders like a contortionist.

I can do them if they are the first thing in the routine, but not after I've done other stuff. Or I'm just being lazy. I think that's more likely. I guess I'll actually have to do them next week now that I've confessed.

Melty said...

BUSTED!

Becky said...

No one reads the comments. And I have access to the delete button :p