Monday, January 4, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 8 of 84

Today is Meatless Monday. No meat (obviously) but eggs are allowed, thank goodness!

Warm Up:
body weight squat - 10 reps
plank - 20s
push up - 6
repeat

Workout B - rest as little as possible
A1) 1-leg dead lift 3x15 per side
A2) chin up 3x4
B1) step-up 3x15 per side
B2) slow push up 3x8
C1) prisoner lunge 3x15 per side
C2) side plank 3x30s per side
D1) close-grip push up 3x30
D2) plank 3x60s

I managed to do this workout with shorter breaks, and finished in about 40 minutes. It's still butt-kicking but not as horrible as the first time I did it. I'll give myself 2 activity points.

Interval Workout: 5 min warm up, 60 s hard pace, 60 s moderate pace x 6, 5 min cool down - Speaking of not horrible! I was dreading this. I almost put it off until tomorrow, but decided to get it over with. It did not suck. Well, it sucked but it wasn't the please-kill-me-now kind of suckage. I might push just a little harder on Wednesday.
Distance: 1.58 miles
Calories: 157 (1.5 activity points)

apple & cottage cheese

omelet w/ peppers, onions & salsa, toast w/ reduced-sugar jelly [2 pts for toast]

meatless taco soup w/ light sour cream [1 pt for sour cream]

more taco soup, without sour cream this time

banana

pepper slices

black bean burgers w/ avocado & Swiss cheese on Flat Out bread, baked butternut squash "fries" [3 pts for cheese & wrap]; One of my burgers fell to the floor and crumbled. I was really made but it's probably for the best. I was quite satisfied after eating just the one I had left, and I wouldn't have been able to not eat the other.

Four cups of coffee and 40 ounces of water. 29 weekly and 3.5 activity points remaining.

No comments: