Sunday, January 3, 2010

Creamy Garlic Chicken & Pasta - Recipe

My first official recipe in the "make one new recipe per week" challenge is a spin on the Creamy Noodle Soup for the Sick that my good friend Peaches posted on her blog. Her recipe is richer than I can have right now, so I've tried to lighten it up a bit.

6 oz cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
4 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, cooked according to directions and drained

1/2 cup milk
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbs flour or 1/2 tbs cornstarch
8 oz frozen vegetables (I used mixed vegetables - carrots, peas, green peppers & corn) - you can warm these beforehand or throw them in with the stock.

1. Heat your broth and add the garlic. When is begins to simmer, stir in the milk. Slowly add the flour until it's dissolved. If you're using cornstarch, wait until after the next step to add it.

2. Add your vegetables and heat until your vegetables are warm.

3. If you're using cornstarch, mix it with a little bit of water before
stirring it into the liquid. Continue heating and stirring until the
desired thickness is reached.

4. Stir in cooked pasta and chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.

This makes 2 servings, but could easily be made into 4, or even 6 if more vegetables are added.

I'll come back and add nutritional information as soon as I get my recipe software up and running.

No comments: