Saturday, January 2, 2010

Turbulence Training - Day 6 of 84

I sat down and did the math on my intervals. I think I'm pushing myself too hard, toward 90%+ of my maximum heart rate. For this particular set of intervals, I should be at about 80% during the work interval and 60% during the recovery interval. I'm way over on both. Maybe that's why I hate it so much - I'm going faster than I should be. Or maybe I'm just not a runner. That sounds more likely.

Warm Up:
body weight squat - 10 reps
plank - 20s
push up - 6
repeat

Workout A - rest as little as possible
A1) push ups 3x10
A2) inverted row 3x8
B1) 1-leg squat 3x7 per side
B2) bicycle crunch 3x32
C1) Bulgarian split squat 3x12 per side
C2) elevated push up 3x8
D1) reaching lunge 3x12 per side
D2) mountain climbers 3x20

I have to keep in mind that these workouts aren't a matter of how quickly I can do them. They are meant to be done in short periods of time, but that doesn't mean I have to rush! So I'm constantly telling myself to slow down, pay attention to form. Quality over speed! 2 activity points for this mess.

Interval Workout: 5 min warm up, 60 s hard pace, 60 s moderate pace x 6, 5 min cool down - I took the intensity down a notch and it wasn't as horrible as my first two sessions. I still hated it, but I didn't want to puke and cry at the same time. My heart rate was still high during the recovery interval, but I may need to reset my zones on the heart rate monitor. I was just using the 220-age (34) to get my maximum heart rate and calculating the percentages on that. But the zones on my HRM don't match up to that, they are on the higher side, so I'll have to see what's going on. I normally don't pay much attention to my heart rate when doing cardio, but for these stupid intervals, I think I need to. I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait for burpees in the next segment. I'll still have to run, but Ill get a break!
Distance: 1.52 miles
Calories: 159 (normally, I'd give myself 1 activity point, but I added up all the calories burned this week and it's over 800, so I'm giving myself 2 APs to match my total for cardio).

omelet w/ onions, peppers & salsa, light English muffin w/ reduced-sugar jelly [1 pt for muffin]

cucumber & red pepper slices

salad w/ chicken breast, cucumber, lettuce, salsa & light sour cream [1 pt for sour cream]

homemade venison hot pocket [10 pts]; I made a pizza dough and put venison tenderloin, sliced onion & peppers, and Swiss cheese inside. They were incredible!!!!

red pepper slices; I can't overeat these, can I?

Four cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water. 0 weekly and 9 activity points remaining.

No comments: