Sunday, January 10, 2010

Three Bean Salad - Recipe

I just finished making my salad for Meatless Monday and it's really freaking good! I wasn't expecting to post it here, but it came out so great, I had to share.

Note: I used dry beans and I have no idea how much cooked beans it actually produced. I measured out the red beans I had left then used an equal amount of dry pinto beans. I did, however, use canned garbanzo beans (chick peas).

242 g dry pinto beans
242 g dry kidney beans
(you can use any kind of beans, really)
1 15-oz can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
1 tbs Dijon mustard
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 tbs dried parsley

1. Cook the dry beans until they are soft, but not mushy. Drain well and rinse. Mix all three types of beans together.

2. In a small bowl, mix mustard, vinegar, oil and parsley. Stir into bean mix. Refrigerate or eat immediately!

This makes 16 servings. I'm not quite sure how big they are, though. I'd have to weigh the entire batch, and we've already been picking at it, so I'll have to do it next time. And, there will be a next time.
134 calories, 3.6 g fat, 24 g carbs (13.9 g fiber), 7.1 g protein - 2 WW points, and good for Core, I believe.

No comments: