Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tex Mex Black Bean Salsa - Recipe

I found this in a magazine at the allergist's office and had to take a picture with my phone so I could try it out.

2 medium-sized Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 medium-sized red onion, chopped
3 scallions, chopped
1 15-oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 1/2 tbs taco seasoning
2 tbs sour cream or plain yogurt

1. Mix the tomatoes, onion, scallions, and beans in a bowl. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the mix and toss gently.

2. Serve topped with sour cream or yogurt.

I made a big batch of this, but I didn't have scallions, so I used some red, yellow, and green peppers. I also included some pinto beans and corn kernels because I had some of that left over, and then I drizzled lime juice over the entire mix. Oh, and some cilantro.

It was good!

1 comment:

Jess said...

It sounds delicious! :)