Monday, August 16, 2010

NROL4W - Stage 5 - Monday - Workout A3

Stage 5A

one-arm dumbbell snatch 4x4x30 lbs - I tried to do 35 lbs but it didn't feel comfortable, so I went back to 30 lbs and focused on getting some good, explosive power and depth behind each one.
120 s rest

dumbbell single-leg Romanian dead lift 4x4x35 lbs
barbell bent-over row 4x4x85 lbs
120 s rest

dumbbell single-arm overhead squat 4x4x15 & 30 lbs
dumbbell incline bench press 4x4x30 lbs
120 s rest

plank 4x120 s**
reverse wood chop 4x4 w/ thick purple band
120 s rest

bodyweight matrix (24 squats, 12 lunges per leg, 12 lunge jumps per leg, 24 squat jumps - rest for time x2, repeat) - My time was 7:32, and I burned 54 calories.

** I am actually going to change the plank around a bit. The stupid things take 16 minutes, with full rests (not counting the wood chops). That's a third of the time I spend working out - screw that. So what I'm going to do for the last 2 workouts is this little gem. I think it's a 3 minute test, so I will do it twice per workout, with a 3 minute rest in between. I'll move my reverse wood chops to an alternating set with the one-arm dumbbell snatch. Planks are fucking boring for me. I can't stand being bored when I work out.

2 activity points earned today. I won't take any for the matrix.

Food:
plum & cottage cheese
eggs w/ avocado, Sandwich Thin w/ sugar free jelly [1 pt]
spicy slow cooker black bean soup
romaine & spinach salad w/ avocado, onion, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, hard boiled egg & homemade honey mustard dressing
another bowl of soup
oatmeal w/ peanut butter [1 pt] - There was so little peanut butter in the jar, it was hardly worth the point!

80 ounces of water and four coffees. 35 weekly points remaining. GHGs met, and I used up both APs I earned today.

Tomorrow's workout - I'm going to try this bodyweight complex, until I can't do it any more. Maybe. Or Turbo Jam Fat Blaster.

Days Binge Free: 50

No comments: