Friday, August 20, 2010

NROL4W - Stage 5 - Friday - Workout A4

After I blogged last night, I had an apple and cottage cheese. I was hungry. I didn't eat much though - just enough to get me to bed.

Stage 5A

one-arm dumbbell snatch 4x4 - This one was weird. I wanted to go up to 35 pounds. I couldn't do it for the left side for the first set (I used 30) but I could for the right. Second set, I could do 2 on the left side with 35 pounds, and had to help the other two reps up. Then on the third set, I managed to do all reps on both sides with 35 pounds. Then on the last set, I managed 3 on the left, and 4 on the right. I guess I'll take it.
120 s rest

dumbbell single-leg Romanian dead lift 4x4x35 lbs
barbell bent-over row 4x4x85 lbs
120 s rest

dumbbell single-arm overhead squat 4x4x15 & 30 lbs
dumbbell incline bench press 4x4x35 lbs - up from last time, yay!
120 s rest

plank 4x120 s
reverse wood chop 4x4 w/ thick purple band
120 s rest

bodyweight matrix (24 squats, 12 lunges per leg, 12 lunge jumps per leg, 24 squat jumps - rest for time x2, repeat) - My time was 7:19, and I burned 70 calories.

2 points for weights, none for the matrix. I made big improvements in two of the exercises today. I'm pretty happy with that!

Food:
yogurt & plum
eggs w/ tomato slices & avocado on toasted Sandwich Thin [1 pt], grapes
chicken breast w/ romaine, spinach, tomato, cucumber & light ranch [1 pt] w/ olive oil
broiled steak & vegetable tian [4 pts for cheese & extra oil] - This was a huge hit and I'll definitely be making it again.

I snacked on grapes a lot today. Just about every time I went into the kitchen, I grabbed a few. I know that, technically, I can and that "no one ever got fat eating fruit" but I'm not sure the behavior is all that healthy. It was still mindless eating. Even if it had been broccoli, it would still have bothered me. And the more grapes I ate, the hungrier I got. I should have had more protein today. That was definitely lacking.

80 ounces of water and three coffees 25 weekly points remaining. GHGs met. I ate both APs I earned.

Tomorrow's workout - Mark Sisson's Workout of the Week

Days Binge Free: 54

No comments: