Wednesday, May 19, 2010

NROL4W - Stage 1 - Wednesday - Workout A9

Today's workout is a special Stage 1 workout. It's not a mandatory session, but something the authors of New Rules of Lifting for Women added so we can see how much we've improved over 16 workouts. Well, 8 of each. The deal is, you use the weight you used in the very first workout and do as many reps as possible (AMRAP) for each exercise (just 1 set), with a 60 second rest between exercises. In the first workouts, I did 2 sets of 15 reps for each exercise (except prone jackknife which was 2 sets of 8), so obviously, I want to do more than 15 reps here.

squat - 65 lbs - 34
push up - on toes - 25
lying dumbbell row - 20 lbs - 30
step up - 15 lbs - 27 per leg
prone jackknife - 25

I'm not taking any activity points because it was less than 10 minutes of actual work.

I also did the Rockport Fitness Walking Test to determine my VO2max (the amount of oxygen I move while I do cardio) because a friend and I have been trying to figure out why I don't burn very many calories when I work out. I did my mile on the treadmill (at ~4.3 mph) in 13:59, and my heart rate wwas 119 bpm, giving me a VO2max of 44.62 mls/kg/min. According to the charts, that's in the "excellent" category, but barely! I certainly don't feel very fit. I wish I'd known about VO2max when I first started working out!  I did it last year and my number was 42.something, so I've improved a bit.

Oh, and I burned about 105 calories on that walk - I had the HRM still running for 2 minutes after because I forgot to press the button. I'm not taking any APs for it though.

Food:
banana, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa
apple & cottage cheese, bread sticks [8 pts] - I ate some bread sticks at work and they made me so sick!
banana
homemade chicken pizza on whole wheat spinach crust [5 pts for non-Filling Foods ingredients]
cereal & yogurt w/ cinnamon & Splenda

80 ounces of water and 2 coffees. 16 weekly and 4 activity points remaining.

Tomorrow's workout - Burn It Off from ChaLean Extreme.

No comments: