Sunday, September 26, 2010

No Videos, No Problem (NVNP) Challenge Overview

I've decided that I'm going to try to go 12 weeks without doing a workout dvd. That means no Turbo Jam for 3 months!! I don't know if I can do it, but I'm going to try. With the weather getting cooler, I can move my cardio outside.

For cardio, I'm training for a 5K, at least until mid-November. I'm going to run three days a week until then. After that, I will probably just do other bodyweight intervals. I just ordered a Gymboss Interval Timer. I'm very excited about that.

My original plan was to lift 4 days a week but since I want to really train for the 5K, I'm changing my plan to lift 3 times a week. Thank goodness I had 3 different plans lined up. This is the one I put together myself. A 3 times a week, full body workout. I would do this workout for 6 weeks, then change out some of the exercises (to the ones in parentheses) for another 6 weeks.

Monday:
squat 5x5 (lunge)
db push press 5x5 (db shoulder press)
chin up 3x12 (assisted pull up)
prone jackknife 3x12 (cross body mountain climber)

Wednesday:
squat 5x5 (barbell step up)
push up 3x12 (chin up)
conventional dead lift 5x5 (Romanian dead lift)
hanging leg raise 3x12 (plank, max time)

Friday:
squat 5x5 (squat)
db bench press 5x5 (one arm db row)
assisted pull up 3x12 (push up)
3-minute plank test (spin crunch, 3x60 s)
There is also a 5-minute plank test 

I'm also going to try to squeeze in some yoga/stretching/foam rolling when I can.

No comments: