Saturday, July 10, 2010

Onion Risotto - Recipe

This was in my Mr. Food cookbook in my Living Cookbook software. My friend made this and she said it made a lot of risotto, so I cut the recipe by a third, but this is the original.


1/4 cup butter
3 onions, coarsely chopped
2 cups long-grain rice (I actually used arborio)
3 cans ready-to-use beef broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until caramelized, stirring occasionally. (Don't worry about cooking the onions too much -- it takes time for them to turn the light brown color of caramel.)

2. Add rice and stir for 1 minute, until coated with butter. Add broth; increase heat to medium and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in Parmesan cheese until well blended.


This was pretty darn good and I will make it again!

No comments: