Monday, July 12, 2010

NROL4W - Stage 3 - Monday - House Cleaning

I know I said I was going to do my last 3A workout, but I changed my mind. I was in such a bad mood when I woke up that I would have thrown my dumbbells out the window if I had to touch them. So I took it out on the house and cleaned the whole damn thing.

My good friend and motivator brought up some good points about yesterdays blog. I am eating too much for weight loss. I'm eating fine for maintenance (my own conclusion) but too much to lose. She asked why I don't go back to counting points for a while. It's a good strategy, but she also knows it makes me crazy. When I have to measure and count every little thing I eat, I feel like food rules my days. I see the numbers at the end of the day and think, "Oh my God, I'm starving" and have already eaten to my numerical limit or "I'm not hungry but I have to eat enough." It's no win that way. I stress and obsess and I tend to eat more processed foods when I'm counting, just because I "can" eat them.

But with Simply Filling and the Filling Foods list, I eat more intuitively. I eat when I'm hungry. Sometimes, yes, I do over eat and yes, I do eat when I'm not hungry. In terms of quality, I think SFT is the best approach for me. Binges aside (because those happen regardless of my eating plan), this is how I want to eat for the rest of my life. It doesn't stress me out, it's uncomplicated, and it fits the goals I have for what kind of foods I want to eat.

I was logging all of my food in Sparkpeople for May and June and I gained 10+ pounds. I didn't log the binges, of course but I did log everything else. It drove me nuts. There was a period of time, maybe early 2009, where I was just eating intuitively and I did very well. I was happy and I was losing weight. Slowly, but I was content. I want that back. So...I need to decide whether losing weight is worth sacrificing my sanity. I know I can still work on eating less. As I've said before, I do portion out my grains, starches, and fats, so I really do think, at this point, it is simply a matter of eating when I'm not hungry, and/or confusing "full" and "satisfied" when I eat. And I need to cut myself some slack. I'm coming off a six-month period of horrible eating. I should consider the last two weeks a freaking victory. I didn't binge. I didn't even eat my usual junk foods. I have not given things enough time to really work. I know that if I can just not binge, I can do this.

Food:
eggs w/ avocado, light English muffin w/ sugar free jelly [1 pt]
hard boiled eggs w/ red pepper slices, cucumber, a few bites of my son's apple
quinoa bean salad w/ honey mustard dressing - This was really good for throwing something together in a rush.
yogurt w/ cereal

80 ounces of water and two coffees. 34 weekly points remaining. Even though it took me 4 hours to clean the entire house, I'm not taking any activity points for it.

Tomorrow's workout - Stage 3A. For sure.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good luck deciding what you want to do. I think you look great the way you are but at the end of the day, if you feel that you have more work to do and that you can do it without compromising your sanity (like you mentioned), then do it.