Saturday, July 3, 2010

NROL4W - Stage 3 - Saturday - Rest Day

Food:
mandarin oranges, eggs, toast w/ Smart Balance [2 pts]
side salad w/ fat free Italian dressing [1 pt for cheese]
sushi (California rolls) [10 pts]
apple
salad w/ lean pork ribs - I think I overate the ribs but they were so damn good.

I'm a little mad at myself. We went out of town this morning (out of state, actually) to check out Costco. It's 90 minutes away but we figured once-a-month shopping there might be worthwhile. We left after I ate breakfast and by the time we got there, it was lunchtime, but there were so few choices for restaurants. We went to Hardees and I didn't see anything on the menu that I felt comfortable eating, so just got a drink. I was kind of mad, because I was already getting hungry but there was NO WAY I was getting a nasty burger. That would have set me off for the entire day. Then I finally noticed the very small lettering on the menu - SIDE SALAD. Yes! And they had fat free dressing. Total Core (except for the cheese). So I had a good lunch. Then we went to Costco and did our shopping. I kept eye-balling the sushi. It had nutritional information on it - I would easily be able to figure points. I went back and forth in my head and at the last minute, bought the stuff and ate it in the car (I shared with my husband and son). It was 10 points. I had plenty. But I still felt guilty for eating it. I can't freaking win!

BUT, it turns out that is was a very good thing I bought the sushi because traffic was so horrendous, it took us 4 hours to get home. Had I not eaten that sushi, I would have been living off one tiny side salad in a nine-hour period. That would have sent me into a convenience food tailspin. But I still feel guilty, damn it. And overeating the ribs hasn't eased my guilt. However, I know I won't eat anything else today, and certainly no junk. I'm full and it's almost bedtime.

I wasn't in a water mood today. 8 activity points remaining.

No comments: