Thursday, July 8, 2010

NROL4W - Stage 3 - Thursday - Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3

Before my workout Craig Ballantyne tweeted the most awesome advice ever:  "Just wrote a new fat loss book, here it is: Don’t be lazy. Don’t overeat. Don’t make excuses. The end." 

I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 this morning and burned 451 calories. I'll take 5 activity points, using the ones I didn't count yesterday to round up. Now I'm kind of pissed that I may have jumped the gun and spent $60 on a transmitter I may not need. I only lost signal once, for a few seconds, during the anerobic part of the workout. Maybe a loose chest strap has been my problem all along. Maybe my heart rate isn't as low as it has appeared, and maybe I am burning more calories than it was showing. I'll keep trying with this one for another week or so. I don't know if I should keep the new one I ordered or try to sell it. I don't want it going to waste sitting in my closet for a year, or however long before I need it. But it might not really matter because an article recently published suggest that the formula used by heart rate monitors is inaccurate for women.

Food:
cottage cheese & hard boiled egg
eggs & light English muffin w/ sugar-free jelly [1 pt], half a banana
chicken breast & broccoli w/ onions
apple & red pepper slices
chicken "ribs" w/ carrot sticks & red pepper slices
yogurt w/ pudding mix & cereal [2 pts because I had Cheerios and not Shredded Wheat] - I made yogurt from scratch in my slow cooker!!

80 ounces of water and two coffees. 29 weekly and 10 activity points remaining.

Tomorrow's workout - Stage 3B.

No comments: