Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chicken 'Ribs' - Recipe

I found this in the Mr. Food cookbook I have in my Living Cookbook software. The original recipe calls for 2 pounds of chicken, but I only made 1, so I've cut the recipe in half.

5 oz (1/2 can) condensed beef broth (which I did not have so I used chicken broth)
1/8 cup ketchup
1/8 cup honey
1/8 cup soy sauce
2 gloves garlic, minced
a few drops of red food coloring (optional)
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in strips

1. Combine all ingredients and marinate in refrigerator (4 hours to overnight).

2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place chicken strips on sheet and discard remaining marinade.

3. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the chicken over and continue cooking 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and appears glazed.

Makes 6 servings. I don't have nutritional information for this because the software gave me a number that seemed really low, but I'm too lazy to calculate with Sparkrecipes.com. I don't know what the deal is - all my ingredients are properly linked but really, 40 calories per serving? So I don't know.

What I do know is, it was really, really good. My son loved it, my husband loved it, I loved it. I am going to look for concentrated beef broth, because they didn't really get a glaze on them. They were really flavorful, but I will marinate them overnight next time, instead of the 11 hours I did today.

No comments: