Tuesday, September 15, 2009

P90X - Week 2 - Tuesday

Big, bad Plyometrics today. I didn't sleep well or long last night, so I was dragging during the workout. I only burned 475 calories and didn't "bring it" as much as I wanted to. I'm also really struggling with my ratios. I may have to just settle for something other than 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat. I'm so much more comfortable with an even split among them.

And I have to fess up. I ate a quarter of a cheese hot dog and about 3 mini wheats. :( I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. Two weeks ago, it wouldn't have, but now that I am actually trying to be good about following the plan, it annoys me. But I suppose it is further proof that the P90X nutrition plan is not the plan for me. Though, I did hit all my ranges today, and my ratio was pretty close. But I'm not really enjoying food anymore. Time to rethink things.

7:10 AM - apple & cottage cheese

9:15 AM - tuna fish w/ light mayonnaise & romaine lettuce on whole wheat bread

12:15 PM - omelet w/ onion, green pepper & picante sauce

2:00 PM - green pepper slices

3:35 PM - mozzarella string cheese

5:40 PM - roasted chicken breast w/ broccoli & cauliflower

8:20 PM - chicken breast w/ light barbecue sauce

Four cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water.

Calories - 1432
Carbs - 115 (17 fiber)
Protein - 170
Fat - 35
C/P/F Ratio - 31.6/46.9/21.5

2 comments:

Melty said...

I think if it's going to cause you to derail, then you should either go back to what you were doing or do something different. You know how to eat and what's good for you. It's nice to try the plan, but don't kill yourself for it.

Becky said...

I absolutely believe that. I am still going to focus on protein, but I am not going to beat myself up if I don't hit the magic numbers.