Thursday, September 10, 2009

P90X - Week 1 - Thursday

Yoga today. It was the workout I had been dreading because I'm not a fan of yoga and everyone else seems to hate it. I can't count the number of "Do I have to do the Yoga or can I do something else?" threads I've seen on P90X boards. I am a firm believer that the program is written the way it is for a reason, so I told myself I was going to do it and I wasn't going to bitch about it. I was quite surprised when actually doing the moves was a lot easier than watching them and thinking, "Damn, that looks rough!" I really, really enjoyed the work out. I couldn't do some of the more advanced moves and I could not hold most of the moves the entire time, but I did the whole 90 minutes. Half hour into the dvd, my husband called with an emergency - he forgot his phone and needed it for work, so I had to stop the dvd and drive 45 minutes (one way!) to take it to him. But I jumped right back in when I got home. The worst part of the dvd is most definitely the ab work near the end. I hate ab work.

It was another day of not so great eating. I did have a plan to eat better than I did yesterday, but having to take an hour and a half out of my day to take my husband is phone messed me up. By the evening, I'm just not hungry enough to try to cram in the rest of my calories. I do need to make a better effort though. I get so worried during the day that I'm going to go over my limits that I tend to under eat. I think I need more food in the morning.

7:15 AM - apple & cottage cheese

12:00 PM - omelet w/ onion, green pepper & picante sauce

2:20 PM - chicken breast

5:00 PM - chicken breast & whole wheat pasta

5:30 PM - yogurt

7:35 PM - tuna fish w/ light mayonnaise & onion on romaine lettuce

Four cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water.

Calories - 1197
Carbs - 116 (10 fiber)
Protein - 131
Fat - 22
C/P/F Ratio - 44/39.3/16.7

9 comments:

Maine Girl said...

I'm glad you loved the Yoga. I will admit, it has grown on me :) And I find the Yoga belly pretty easy now after all those Ab Rippers!

Hayley said...

I would LOVe to try the P90X yoga! I think I'd love to try P90X period...would you say this is the hardest workout you've ever done? I'm really loving yoga right now. :)

Becky said...

I don't know if I'd say it's harder. It's just longer than most of the stuff I've done. ChaLean Extreme was long and I think it was harder than P90X only because the reps were so slow and she combined an upper & lower movement in two of the phases. Actually, I wouldn't say ChaLean Extreme was harder - it was more challenging and more frustrating because my lower body was really neglected in order to accommodate the upper body. So P90X is all around more satisfying in that respect. It's a hardcore workout, for sure, but I don't find it to be difficult in a "holy crap, I just can't do this" kind of way. I will say that I am glad I waited to do it, though. If I'd started it before ChaLean Extreme and the Jillian stuff, I think it would have been "holy crap, I just can't do this.

Of course, I'm only finishing up my first week ;)

Becky said...

Oh, and Hayley - I totally thought of you when I was doing yoga and came to the crane!!!! I couldn't really do it, though - it hurt the skin on my arms.

Hayley said...

Imagine how strong you're going to be at the very end of this? I can't wait!! :)

Hayley said...

Oh man my arms are so sore!! Not in a muscly way either..more like I feel as though I have rug burn!! It's a great workout though..just holding the pose!

Melty said...

I have the same problem sometimes about not eating a lot during the day because I'm afraid I'll overeat. Have you tried to map out your day either the morning or night before? I did the for a long time and gave myself a beefy (in terms of calories) breakfast. That really helped me out for the day. It carried me through better. Even now, I often have a 6 point breakfast which I think is a lot for one meal.

Becky said...

I did make a plan before I started but for one reason or another, I just find myself not eating on time and meals get shifted around, or I'm not hungry enough for anything more than a snack. It's all the damn protein that's messing me up, and not knowing what time I'll be eating dinner. I refuse to eat dinner until DH gets home. I have this thing about serving a hot, fresh meal.

Melty said...

oh, see I'd serve the meal and let him eat it cold. I'm evil that way.

I hate the yoga!