Friday, September 25, 2009

P90X - Week 3 - Friday

Legs & Back today. I actually did the Ab Ripper exercises first. HUGE difference in how I feel at the end of it all. I made huge improvements this week. I can get through everything in Leg & Back, except for balance lunges, without a break. Oh and the left leg deadlift squats - I need a break for those, but I can do all of the right leg, if I tap my toe down at the end. So I'm definitely making progress. I got the wall squats (both versions), the chair salutations, and the toe roll iso lunge all in one shot. My pull ups have also improved. In week one, I managed 3 unassisted and 69 assisted pull ups throughout the entire workout. This week, I did 5 unassisted and 81 assisted pull ups. Of course, all the unassisted pull ups are of the chin up (reverse grip) type. But hey, progress is progress. The only area I did not improve in, in fact I regressed, is the calf raise. For the first two weeks, I'd been using weights but I wasn't able to get the height on the raise. So I ditched the weight this week to see if I could get teh heigth, and I can. So next time (two weeks from now), I will use weights again, but probably lower then my initial weights.

Food has been bad today. I know I said I was going to try to be good because of our anniversary dinner, but it just didn't happen. I'm not upset about it. I just made some bad choices. It wasn't a case of being out of control - I was fully conscious that I was making crappy decisions. No one to blame but me.

And I am posting this early because I am off to the library to pick up the latest book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series (my favorite books ever), and I am turning the computer off. The book is over 800 pages, and I plan to read until my eyeballs fall out.


No comments: