Wednesday, September 23, 2009

P90X - Week 3 - Wednesday

Shoulders & Arms today. I either held last week's performance or improved. I did get up at 5 AM to get it out of the way. That was good. I also snuck in the Ab Ripper exercises during the breaks, so when I finished the workout, I only had to do 5 of the 11 ARX moves. That was nice.

I am getting a little frustrated with my dumbbells. In the video, they use the hexagonal dumbbells. Mine are weight plates on handles. The handles stick out at the ends, and get in the way when I do some of the moves. I was doing the deep swimmer's presses today and every time I pushed up, I felt like I had to also keep my arms angled away from the middle, so the handles wouldn't get hung up on each other.

Oh, and I almost bashed myself in the mouth doing crouching Cohen curls today. That would have sucked.

Sometimes I feel like I'm doing really well, and other times I wonder if I'm really working up to potential. I struggle with the shoulder fly moves. My front raises suffer because my side raises are weak. I've always had problems with lateral raises, and haven't shown much improvement in 2 years. Of course, I don't do them often enough to actually make progress. It may be something I'll focus on after this round of P90X. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do after, but whatever that is, I'll have a 3 week break if we end up going to New York for Christmas. Hopefully not. I would love to just stay home.

I did pretty well with food today. I hit my carb & protein ranges, and was only over my fat range by 2 grams. I came pretty close with the ratios, too!

5:05 AM - plum & cottage cheese

8:15 AM - multigrain English muffin w/ light cream cheese, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & picante sauce

12:50 PM - green pepper slices, chicken breast w/ light barbecue sauce

3:10 PM - mozzarella string cheese

6:10 PM - chicken breast, green beans & whole wheat pasta w/ marina sauce

7:30 PM - chicken breast

9:00 PM - cottage cheese w/cinnamon & Splenda

Four cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water.

Calories - 1784
Carbs - 134 (20 fiber)
Protein - 217
Fat - 42
C/P/F Ratio - 30.1/48.6/21.3


No comments: