Saturday, September 12, 2009

P90X - Week 1 - Saturday

I did Kenpo today (58 minutes and 392 calories) and Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout (170 calories). I don't know what I was thinking, adding on that extra 20 minutes but there really isn't much in the way of logic when you're a pumped up bundle of sweat. I thought the Kenpo would be more like some of the Tae Bo videos that I've done and haven't gotten a good workout from. I was wrong. It's no Plyo but the Kenpo is definitely a good workout for me.

I was a bit sore in the lower butt/upper leg area when I woke up today, and it got worse as the day went on. Nothing like DOMS of the past, but man, Legs & Back really worked me yesterday. I've been trying to keep my legs and glutes stretched today, and I definitely think I'm going to do X Stretch tomorrow, instead of taking a rest day. I'm going to try to take a rest day every two weeks. I don't see any reason not to do X Stretch on Sundays. I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to get on the scale though. I think I might. I don't expect a loss in the first week, or even in the first month, but I'm doing P90X with a group of women who are weighing in weekly. Might as well try to fit in!

I did not hit my ratios again today. I did hit my calorie range though. Freaking protein.

9:05 AM - banana & cottage cheese

10:05 AM - Special K Protein Plus cereal w/ skim milk

12:35 PM - tuna fish & light mayonnaise on rice cakes

2:30 PM - grilled chicken breast & green pepper slices

4:15 PM - apple & cottage cheese

6:00 PM - cheesy mashed cauliflower & lemon garlic tilapia

9:00 PM - yogurt

Calories - 1608
Carbs - 171 (16 fiber)
Protein - 154
Fat - 39
C/P/F Ratio - 41.6/37.2/21.2

5 comments:

Melty said...

I love the special K Protein Plus cereal.

I added you to my blogroll!

Maine Girl said...

What is DOMS?
And man, my legs and glutes are still so sore today from Friday. Like REALLY sore! I feel your pain!!

Becky said...

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, that ache you get in your muscles after you workout.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I also started the P90X program on September 7th and I'm looking for people to share the journey with! I'd really love a support system to bounce ideas off of and help eachother out.

Becky said...

Awesome! I'm going to read your blog!