Wednesday, September 9, 2009

P90X - Week 1 - Wednesday

Today's workout was Shoulders & Arms, along with Ab Ripper X. I did every rep in ARX, but I had to pause the DVD. From now on, I'm not even going to bother putting the DVD in.

Shoulders & Arms:

alternating shoulder press
in & out bicep curl
two-arm tricep kickback
deep swimmers press
full supination concentration curl
chair dips
upright row
static arm curl
flip grip twist tricep kickback
two-angle shoulder fly
crouching Cohen curl
lying down tricep extension
in & out straight arm shoulder fly
Congdon curl
side-tri rise

I used 7.5 and 10 pound weights. I did manage my first set of alternating shoulder presses at 15 pounds, but that was too much. 12.5 might be better for next week. I am trying to be careful when I have an uneven dumbbell so I don't injure my wrist. Sometimes, 5 pounds is just too light and 10 pounds is just too heavy. I am not going out and buying any more weights. I'll make do with what I have. I have a lot of plates and two pairs of dumbbell handles. I think I might get a third pair though.

It was a horrible food day. I was so busy that I didn't get to eat on a very good schedule. I was doing my observations for substitute teaching in the morning, came home to squeeze in a workout before picking my kid up from school, then I had to go to my last class for teacher training and it ran late. By the time I finished dinner, it was 8 PM, and I was way under calories and not at all hungry. I was over on carbs, way under on fat and protein. But I just could not eat.

7:15 AM - scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & picante sauce

11:15 AM - banana & cottage cheese

1:15 PM - Cheerios w/ skim milk

3:30 PM - tuna salad w/ light balsamic dressing, onion & green peppers

7:45 PM - chicken breast, broccoli & green pepper, half a yogurt my son didn't eat

Three cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water.

Calories - 1190
Carbs - 147 (18 fiber)
Protein - 127
Fat - 16
C/P/F Ratio - 47.5/40.8/11.7

2 comments:

Hayley said...

When I think of where you were when I first started reading your blog to where you are today it absolutely blows my mind. Do you realize just how strong you are mentally and physically? You have grown and changed in so many ways - I am so happy for you Becky. :)

Hey...where's the "click here to follow-up comments" box??

Becky said...

Hmm, I don't know where the follow up thingy went for you. I see it as long as I'm signed in, but if I'm not, I don't see it.