Sunday, December 7, 2008

Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe

I found this on Lowcarbfriends.com several years ago and loved it. I finally made it again today.

1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup granular Splenda
2 oz cream cheese
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 ounce natural almonds (or 16 almonds)

Melt butter and whisk in Splenda. Add cream cheese and whisk until melted and well mixed. Whisk in protein powder and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Pour into 8x8 pan lined with wax paper. Chill until semi soft, then cut into 16 pieces. Press 1 almond into the middle of each square and return to refrigerator until fully set.

Nutritional information for my particular ingredients, per piece:

Calories - 134.4
Carbs - 3.7 (0.8 fiber)
Protein - 5.1
Fat - 11.2

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh my gosh this sounds SO GOOD!! It'd be hard for me not to eat the whole thing...and where have I been - your weight has dropped a lot since I last saw...that's fantastic!! I know sometimes it's hard being patient, but so long as the numbers are going down that's what's most important. You're more likely to keep it off that way, though i'm sure you know that. :)

Me, on the other hand - I am frustrated as all hell with my weight, but again...must be patient. Grrr...thanks for your sweet comment.

Becky said...

Thanks, Hayley. The fudge is really good and I thought I'd have problems with portion control but really, after two pieces, that's enough for me LOL