Wednesday, December 10, 2008

NROL - Week 19 - Wednesday

I'm pretty bummed. The main grocery store I use doesn't carry my light table cream any more. None of the other stores carry it, or anything similar. I liked it because it was cheaper and had fewer calories than heavy cream. Now, I could either start using heavy cream and use half a serving or I could use skim milk, which I buy anyway. I don't really care for skim milk in my coffee. I don't know what to do. If I buy heavy cream and go with half a serving, it will be fewer calories than my light table cream and last twice as long. Or I could skip the expense altogether and use the milk. Not an appealing option. Maybe I'll try the heavy cream and see how that goes. First my bread (which I found at our other grocery store, thank goodness) now my cream!!

A new item I discovered today - Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate. Only 25 calories, 4 carbs (1 fiber), 2 protein. With a tablespoon of cream, it's killer! More expensive than I like, so it will only be a once in a while thing here.

Today was HyperIA, 4x10 with 60 second rests. I like this better than 3x15 with 30 second rests but not as much as any form of 5x5. And I swear, I am sick to death of lat pulls. If Santa is good to me and brings me an Iron Gym (or builds me one), I am going to swap out immediately for negative chin/pull ups. My homemade lat pull contraption is so awkward and I just get sick of it. I hate lat pulls.

[superset w/ full rest]:
db incline press 4x10x20
Yates row 4x10x60

[superset w/ full rest]:
db shoulder press 4x10x15
wide grip lat pull down 4x10x68 (I absolutely have to drop the weight next round - I had to pause after every 3-4 reps)

[superset w/ full rest]:
bb close grip bench press 4x10x40
high pull 4x10x30

Swiss ball crunch 3x15x20

6:30 AM - cantaloupe & cottage cheese

8:40 AM - chicken breast & brown rice salad

10:00 AM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

12:40 PM - three-cheese chicken quesadilla

4:40 PM - fried chicken wings & mixed vegetables

7:35 PM - broccoli; I ate an entire 12 ounce bag of broccoli, hoping it would fill me up enough

8:30 PM - hot chocolate w/ cream; I deliberately waited until close to bedtime to drink this, so I'd only drink one cup

Calories - 1594
Carbs - 137 (28 fiber)
Protein - 143
Fat - 53
C/P/F Ratio - 34.3/35.8/30

4 comments:

Hayley said...

I wish I could help you with the cream thing! I drink tea and prefer it with skim milk...but I'll use creamer if I have to when I'm out.

A whole bag of broccoli?? Why only that?

I so wish I liked that diet swiss miss stuff but it made me gag...It's low in cals though and great if you do like it! I go with the Kroger brand No Sugar Added HC...tastes VERY good! But for some reason the Harris Teeter brand is not so good..LOL..I guess I am very picky about my HCs??

Becky said...

It was getting late and I didn't want anything really high calorie. Sometimes I need volume. I usually eat a whole bag of broccoli with 6 ounces of chicken but I didn't have any made.

I didn't like the hot chocolate, either. I posted my blog before I actually drank it, because I knew if I posted that I had one cup, I'd only have one cup.

ravengal said...

Check Walmart, Big Lots, or your local Mexican store for the table cream.

Becky said...

I've looked. They don't have what I need either.