Tuesday, December 16, 2008

NROL - Week 20 - Tuesday

Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 2 again. I still love it. Today I put a lot more effort into it and it was really fun. Except for coughing up something gross at the beginning. The air in my house is dry so I get congested at night and cough a lot. Today was particularly bad but I lived through it. Ick.

I've been thinking about whether or not I want to continue the New Rules of Lifting program. I'm on the fourth routine, and almost halfway through the year long schedule. I like it, in general, but sometimes (like the 3x15 w/ 30 second rest days) I just want to throw the book out the window. Which would be difficult because mine is in e-book format. There are other things I want to try - Rippetoe's Starting Strength, Ballantyne's Turbulence Training, Cressey's Maximum Strength. My limited equipment makes it hard for me to do a lot of things, especially if there's a short rest period in between exericise - supersets are even rougher! I don't have enough time to swap out plates. On the one hand, I feel like I'd be letting myself down if I don't complete the whole year of NROL. On the other hand, I've already made some good progress - not necessarily in strength gains but I think my body is changing shape. I've noticed my butt is definitely rounder and I tried on a size medium T shirt yesterday and it fit beautifully. I also want to finish this program just so I can say I did. It's not an easy program. I am going to stick with it for a while longer, for sure. I have the rest of Hyper I to get through, then Hyper II, before the routine I've really been looking forward to - Strength I. I know I can always give those other programs (plus P90X and ChaLEAN Extreme) - I have the rest of my life to exercise.

7:55 AM - apple & cottage cheese

9:45 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda; buying that travel mug was a smart move - the extra few ounces and insulation pretty much sets me up for being able to drink my 4 cups all day long, rather than just in 2 hours

10:40 AM - chicken breast w/ cheese & taco sauce on tortilla

12:55 PM - almonds

2:55 PM - chicken breast, carrots & ranch dressing; this was actually my son's leftover dinner from yesterday - not a whole lot, just a bite of chicken and two pieces of carrot w/ a little dressing; I added more carrots though

5:00 PM - chocolate; I ate one small piece while I was cooking dinner, to see if I really could eat just 1 piece

5:20 PM - homemade chicken & dumplings; I didn't measure this but I had 2 bowls; I'm worried that not measuring, and eating a piece of chocolate, are going to put me into "screw it" mode, especially since it's still so early in the evening; Still, I need to learn to not freak out when I can't/don't measure thing out

8:30 PM - crackers w/ cheese; I had two of those packs with the six cracker sandwiches; oh, and ice cream

No numbers today, obviously. Plenty of guilt, though!

7 comments:

Hayley said...

I really don't think you need to feel guilty, but I understand. Your food doesn't look bad to me at all but perhaps you felt like you ate a bit less in control than normal?

Becky said...

I think that's it. It's like I was aware of what I was doing, before and during, but I didn't feel like I was really there, mentally. I sort of checked out LOL

Hayley said...

Yeah I know that feeling...but you didn't get carried away and that's great!

Becky said...

It definitely could have been worse - there's a lot of ice cream and candy in my freezer. Most days, it doesn't bother me at all. But once in a while...

Hayley said...

That's huge that you can have the ice cream and other stuff in your house and not go bonkers on it. Think of how far you've come.. :)

Becky said...

That's true. The me of 6 months ago would have scarfed it all down in one day. I no longer look at the food like "oh, I can't have that" but rather "I'll have that sometime when I'm in the mood" and I really just haven't been in THE mood.

Hayley said...

That's SO cool...no deprivation!!! :) I think that's the key to all of this...part of it anyway.