Monday, December 1, 2008

NROL - Week 18 - Monday

My trip went well. There's not much to say about it. I think I behaved myself in the food department. The only day I ate badly was yesterday, on the way home. It was a lack of planning on my part, but I'm not going to feel guilty about it or even dwell on it. For Thanksgiving, I ate small portions, and discovered that chocolate makes me queasy. Sugar shock, I think. I didn't binge at all. I'm proud of myself.

I forgot to weigh in today. It's been total chaos since we got home last night, and I was trying to make sure my new workout fit in the time I had before taking my son to school.

Today's workout was Hypertrophy IA, 5x5 with 90 second rest intervals. I loved this workout. Except for the lat pulls. I never want to do another freaking lat pull again. I'd been subbing lat pulls for pull/chin ups because a) I can't do either and b) I don't have the equipment. But I'm going to get a doorway bar and start doing negative or assisted pull/chin ups. Unfortunately, lat pulls are written into this portion of NROL so I have to wait until it says pull/chin ups.

[superset w/ full rest]:
db incline press 5x5x20 (too easy, but I was out of weight plates - I set up all my equipment so I don't waste time in between sets but I think with 90 seconds, I'll be able to swap out next time)
Yates row
1x5x50
4x5x65

[superset w/ full rest]:
db shoulder press 5x5x20 (too easy)
wide grip lat pull down 5x5x72

[superset w/ full rest]:
bb close grip bench press 5x5x40 (too easy)
high pull 5x5x40

Swiss ball crunch 3x15x20

I also did a 2 mile Walk Away The Pounds segment. Since I'm pretty sedentary during the day, I figured I'd throw in a walk every day. To make things fun, I want to "walk" to my best friend's house in California, 3035 miles away. This was the first time I'd done any WATP and this particular segment was on the boring side, but I have 2 other WATP videos, including one that's kind of kickboxy. So I'm hopeful. I really like this kickboxing stuff.

6:10 AM - mozzarella cheese; I haven't shopped yet so I grabbed whatever for breakfast

10:55 AM - scrambled eggs w/ sour cream, taco sauce, American cheese on tortilla, coffee w/ cream & Splenda; I know it was a long time since eating last but I was running around like a mad woman today trying to get things done

2:50 PM - carrots, mozzarella cheese, coffee w/ cream & Splenda

7:00 PM - turkey meatballs, broccoli

Not the greatest day for calories. I was just so busy. It will be better tomorrow.

Calories - 1171
Carbs - 80 (24 fiber)
Protein - 86
Fat - 59
C/P/F Ratio - 26.7/28.8/44.6

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Yea! I'm glad to see you're back and blogging again. That's so FANTASTIC you did well with your eating while gone! No worries about yesterday...that's a totally normal thing to happen. Good for you for adding some walking into your day and I love the idea of "walking" to your friend's in CA. You're so creative! :)

Hayley said...

I'm adding a omment just to subscribe to this post.. :)