Monday, December 29, 2008

NROL - Week 22 - Monday

I am so mad at myself!!!!!!! I started off great then had such a crappy morning that I lost it by lunch time, then things continued to get worse. I don't even freaking care what I eat for the rest of the day. It's just little stuff getting to me, which makes it completely ridiculous that I can't hold it together long enough to get through a stressful day. I don't know why things are getting to me this way, either. It's not the cold I had - which I'm not even sure was really a cold. If I didn't know better, I'd say there was something stuffed up my nose. I cannot unblock it at all. Nasal sprays, Vicks, blowing, even a Neti pot - useless!

So, breakfast was typical, and I packed appropriate snacks for the drive to Virginia. I was running late, my son's new DVD player wasn't working, I had to drop off the recycling in the rain - that all made me grumpy. The lab techs were rude and weren't going to let me get my blood drawn because if my stuffy nose. I had to call the bone marrow place and my contact is out of the office until next Monday. I was getting upset because I didn't want to have made a second useless trip. I called a number on the switchboard thingy and finally got a human voice in the main marrow office (I think) and talked to them, and told me it "should be fine" to give them my blood. Whatever. The phelbotomist who was pissy when I got there got ready to draw my blood, and I was sure she'd stick me hard on purpose, just because I was defensive. But I never felt the needle so that was a ray of freaking sunshine.

Then on the way home, I stopped at Burger King and got a Whopper & fries. Frak it, I didn't care. I was going to have a salad but it's hard to choke down bland stuff with my nose the way it is. Greasy meat isn't much better but I was at least able to taste the onion. So then I was mad for eating crap, so I ate a stupid granola bar. Then, I got to the post office to mail a package and they were closed. By now, I'm really annoyed and decided that my crappy day needed ice cream. So when I got home, I had ice cream. And no bake cookies. And more no bake cookies. And now here I am, somewhere between not caring and hating myself.

Today was HyperIA, 5x5 with 90 seconds rests.

[superset w/ full rest]:
db incline press 5x5x25
Yates row 5x5x65

[superset w/ full rest]:
db shoulder press 5x5x20
inverted row - 5x5xbw - I love these!! Ok, not love but I like them a lot better than lat pulls. I need to do some flexibility work because my arm felt a little tight. And for the record, I can't pull myself all the way up, so there's lots of room to improve

[superset w/ full rest]:
bb close grip bench press 5x5x50
high pull 5x5x50

Swiss ball crunch 3x15x30


Jess said...

You poor thing! Sounds like a classic rotten day to me. Sorry to hear that the Neti pot didn't work out. The other nasal decongestant that I found that helps is Afrin (and that was only because I couldn't take OTC stuff when I was EBF). The stuff burns your nose and eyes like crazy but it'll clear you up for probably 6-8 hours. I have heard that it's highly addictive (I never had that problem) and so just wanted to mention that.

Regardless, I hope you feel better and that your day is better tomorrow. :)

Oh, and keep us posted on the marrow donation. I'm seriously considering signing up since I'm a minority, as well as bi-racial (both of which I hear are in high demand).

Becky said...

I actually hit the Neti pot again and made a little progress. I followed up with a couple shots of Afrin, which I'd been using all along and it would only work for an hour or two. I was actually able to breathe through my nose most of the night. I woke up this morning and now my right side is plugged up. And my ears hurt because I wasn't gentle about blowing my nose. I'll try the Neti again in a few hours.

You definitely should consider signing up with the bone marrow registry! You're minority & mixed-race status are definitely in high demand!!!