Thursday, December 11, 2008

NROL - Week 19 - Thursday

Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 2 today. Again, I should have eaten beforehand but I got through it with good intensity.

We don't have to worry about me becoming addicted to that Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate. I hated it. It didn't dissolve well and it had a funny taste to it. I had to add some Splenda and Capella flavor drops to be able to drink it. My husband can have the rest. He liked it.

9:10 AM - mozzarella cheese; I just needed something while my breakfast cooked

9:50 AM - chicken w/ cream cheese & turkey bacon, sweet potato

10:20 AM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

11:55 AM - cantaloupe (594) & cottage cheese (206)

12:15 PM - coffee w/ skim milk & Splenda; I'm not sure I like it with the milk, but I definitely put too much Splenda in it!

2:55 PM - carrots & mozzarella string cheese

3:35 PM - homemade peanut butter fudge; I only ate one piece this time, only because there were two pieces left and my son wanted one

5:30 PM - pork loin w/ green beans & balsamic dressing

9:00 PM - Cheese Filled Bacon Roll; I used colby cheese, low fat cream cheese, minced jalapenos and turkey bacon; I was a bad, bad girl but when I saw this, my mouth watered and I knew I was done for!!! It's all good though. This part of me just trying to be normal. It's been a relatively high calorie week but I'm okay with that. Do I expect to see loss on the scale when I weigh in Sunday? Of course not. Any feelings of guilt I've had this week are gone, though.

Calories - 1896
Carbs - 127 (19 fiber)
Protein - 152
Fat - 85
C/P/F Ratio - 27.1/32.3/40.6

7 comments:

Hayley said...

Ok now I am laughing because I just read your most recent post about the hot chocolate....my thoughts EXACTLY!!! The No Sugar Added is much better...and still only 50 cals. :)

Becky said...

I think it has more carbs. I used to get the No Sugar Added and yes, it is very good. And of course, I can fit it into my plan. I don't generally buy hot chocolate because it's not good for the budget. But next time I splurge, it will definitely be on that and not the diet.

Hayley said...

Oh I didn't realize you were doing a lower carb plan...? Do you aim for a certain percentage or lower amt of carbs?

Becky said...

I try to keep it between 30 and 40% - closer 30, ideally.

Hayley said...

Do you follow the other low carb blogs that are on your site? Do you do 30/50/20 or 30/40/30? What made you decide to do this? Also...what kind of calorie range do you aim for? I ask because you're losing so it's working! :)

Becky said...

Most of those blogs are just there so I wouldn't forget them.

On a perfect day, I do 30/40/30 but I'm happy if it works out to an even split. My only "requirement" is protein with any food that's not a fibrous veggie. Sometimes I'll eat carrots on their own. But if I have pasta or sweet potatoes or rice, I have to have protein with it. I try to do lean proteins but I don't run away from the higher fat stuff.

What made me decide to do it? Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. Even though it's not really a low carb plan, it does have a lower carb version included. I've loved BFFM ever since I read it last summer.

My calorie range is pretty broad. 1200 calories is my absolute minimum. 1400 if I feel like being really good. I don't stress unless I eat over maintenance levels. For me right now, that's about 2200 calories.

It's funny because I think my weight loss is really slow. I was checking my records and I'm actually up 4 pounds from this time last year. We'll see how the next 4 months go. I do really well in the winter. Thing usually fall apart from the end of June until after Thanksgiving.

Hayley said...

I do the same thing about always having a protein with every food...I think I got that from BFL but it keeps my blood sugar levels stable and helps stop the bingeing. :) I LOVED BFFM too...i read it numerous times, though I never really followed one of the meal plans..I do try to limit carbs at dinner time unless i decide i want oatmeal or something. I think you're on a great track! Oddly enough I tend to do better in the winter, too!