Wednesday, January 28, 2009

NROL - Week 26 - Wednesday

I feel really great today. I didn't meditate last night, even though I had time, but I feel energized and happy today.

For dinner, I made Linda Sue's White Castle Hamburger Pie. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but if you don't know Linda, she has one of the best recipe sites for low carbers, people on Atkins in particular. I don't make a lot of Linda's recipes anymore because they are higher in fat, but once in a while, I bust one of the tried and trues out. This is one of them. I made it, fully intending to eat half the batch, calories be damned. I started with one-fourth of the batch, plus my carrots. I ate the carrots first and knew I would not be hungry for the second fourth I'd left in the casserole dish. As I was eating my pie, I was crying inside, because it was so good, but I knew I wouldn't eat more. I was full. I wanted more, damn it, but my body was definitely communicating that the one portion was enough. On the one hand, I hate that I couldn't eat more of something so delicious. On the other hand, I am proud of myself for listening to my body. I enjoyed a high-calorie dinner without guilt today!

7:40 AM - apple & cottage cheese

8:00 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda; a bit of a backslide with the liquid Splenda :(

9:15 AM - homemade pumpkin granola bar

11:15 AM - turkey bacon, toast w/ butter, scrambled eggs w/ green pepper, onion, garlic & mozzarella cheese

4:20 PM - homemade pumpkin granola bar; I got sidetracked with a bunch of stuff, then just grabbed something while I got dinner ready

5:30 PM - hamburger pie, carrots

Calories - 1819
Carbs - 118 (18 fiber)
Protein - 113
Fat - 100
C/P/F Ratio - 25.9/24.7/49.4

No comments: