Thursday, January 29, 2009

NROL - Week 26 - Thursday

I'm reviewing the ChaLean Extreme videos again (the cardio/interval/abs segments) and I really can't contain my excitement! I think this is really what I need to get out of the slump. I liked NROL well enough, and even though the routines changed frequently, I still feel like I need something different. Chalean Extreme isn't like Turbo Sculpt so I don't have to worry about high volume crap. I hate high volume. HATE IT. Even some of the NROL stuff bothers me (3x15, anyone?) so I am really looking forward to the 1 set of 12. Still, part of me feels guilty for not completig the whole year of NROL I set out to. I know I said I'll pick up where I left off after my Chalean challenge, but I'm not going to commit to that. Turbulence Training is looking pretty darn good, and I feel like I'd be able to see my progress better in something that's not so spastic. The different NROL parameters make me crazy. I want clear progression with my weight lifting, and I'm second-guessing myself all the time when the reps and sets change so frequently. I'm sure it works great for some people, but I'm not feeling much love. And one thing I'm learning on my journey to health is that I have to do what I love. Or at least like.

7:45 AM - homemade pumpkin granola bar

8:45 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda, cutting back on the liquid Splenda again, after yesterday's increase

10:45 AM - turkey bacon, toast w/ butter, scrambled eggs w/ green pepper, onion, garlic & salsa

1:45 PM - chicken sandwich w/ cheese

5:45 PM - macaroni & cheese, hot dog; not the best option but I forgot to marinate the London broil; I kept my portions very small

8:30 PM - homemade pumpkin granola bars,  had two - they need to be eaten up before they go bad; I don't know that I was really hungry though

Calories - 1777
Carbs - 163 (28 fiber)
Protein - 108
Fat - 85
C/P/F Ratio - 35.3/23.2/41.5

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I think you should do what makes you happy, regardless of whether you finished the NROL thing or not. When you're enthusiastic about something, like you are with Chalean, then you usually do great at it. I'm glad you're doing well and I can't wait to hear how this new program goes!