Saturday, January 24, 2009

NROL - Week 25 - Saturday

No cardio today. I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen instead. Between that and grocery shopping, I'm beat and plan to spend the rest of the day being lazy.

8:00 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda; I'm slowly cutting back on the amount of Splenda I use!!

9:00 AM - toast, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & mozzarella cheese; eggs just don't taste the same without the salsa; I was so hungry by the time I made breakfast, I was super cranky and shaky. I can't remember the last time I was that miserable without food!

11:35 AM - yogurt; I needed something quick before heading out to the store

2:40 PM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda; Oh and Irish cream

5:25 PM - turkey meatballs w/ gravy & herbed cauliflower; I tried two recipes out of Dawn Hall's Busy People's Low Carb Cookbook and they were both fantastic! I wanted more, but only had 1 plate

7:05 PM - pumpkin granola

Calories - 1310
Carbs - 96 (15 fiber)
Protein - 75
Fat - 68
C/P/F Ratio - 29.5/23.2/47.3

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm seriously considering cutting out all artificial sweeteners too (at least for the time being). I was going to do it cold turkey but I fear that I may become homicidal if I do.

I was reading some stuff on the Atkins message boards that once people did this, it really jump started their weight loss (again).

I don't know what I'll do. Guess I'll just play it by ear and see...

Becky said...

I wanted to go cold turkey but I absolutely can't do it during the winter. In the summer, when I can drink more water, it might work. Until then, I'm just using less. I don't drink diet pop much anymore, and I'm down to about half the amount of liquid Splenda I used to use in my coffee.

Jess said...

Yeah...I really don't think I can go cold turkey. The biggest thing that will kill me is no DaVinci SF coffee syrup and the SF koolaid. I don't drink very much diet pop anymore so that's not a big deal but no desserts and candy will probably kill me. :(