Wednesday, January 21, 2009

NROL - Week 25 - Wednesday

I've reviewed the new offering from Beachbody. I love Turbo Jam and really wanted to check out ChaLEAN Extreme, but wasn't sure I'd be interested in actually doing the workouts. I do not like Turbo Sculpt at all. Fortunately, it's nothing like Turbo Sculpt. I was afraid it would be higher rep work, which I don't like. It's not! It's one set of 6, 8, or 12, depending on what the exercise it. Movements are more deliberate. Chalene even talks about making sure we use heavy weights - you're supposed to be fatigued by the end of the set. She reiterates that women won't get bulky by lifting heavy. Good stuff. I like that one of the people in the group is using resistance bands. This workout is going to be perfect for traveling. One thing I did find amusing is the dude in the group - he was using adjustable dumbbells and grunting and making faces like he was putting forth great effort. Close-ups of the dumbbells show he's hardly using any weight at all LOL. Oh, and Chalene's constant use of the word "booty" drove me nuts. I hate that word.

So once again, I'm torn on what to do. I definitely want to do ChaLEAN Extreme before doing P90X. But do I finish out the second half of NROL or take this opportunity to switch to something else? Next week is my scheduled break between NROL routines. I almost feel like I want to be closer to goal before doing something really new. The next NROL routine is different - it has 3 segments instead of 2 (2 upper body, 1 lower body), and no squats. It's 8 weeks long, which will bring me into Spring Break. Maybe I'll do it, then reassess. I hate being so indecisive.

Back on schedule today - Hyper IA, 4x10 with 60 second rests.

[superset w/ full rest]:
db incline press 4x10x20
Yates row 4x10x55

[superset w/ full rest]:
db shoulder press 4x10x15
inverted row - 4x10xbw - I'm getting better at these and can do 10 in a row

[superset w/ full rest]:
bb close grip bench press 4x10x50
high pull 4x10x50 - I was running out of steam with these and am glad they aren't on the next routine

Swiss ball crunch 3x15x30


7:05 AM - apple & cottage cheese

10:00 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda, chicken & broccoli w/ light balsamic vinaigrette

1:30 PM - turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper, mozzarella & salsa

5:30 PM - chicken soup (roasted dark meat, tomato sauce, chicken broth, pasta, salsa & sour cream)

Calories - 1578
Carbs - 105 (15 fiber)
Protein - 156
Fat - 57
C/P/F Ratio - 27.1/40.1/32.9

No comments: