Thursday, July 30, 2009

Labor Day Challenge - Week 3 - Thursday

WORKOUT C:
I did these 2 as a pair, with 45 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
negative chin up 5x5xbodyweight
dumbbell shoulder press 5x5x15
I did these 2 as a pair, with 30 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
dumbbell pull over 3x8x20
standing calf raise 3x8x70

It's Themeless Thursday, because I couldn't come up with an alliterative idea to go along with today.

I decided to try a new product today. Normally, I'm not one for drink mixes, but I got a terrific deal on the Kellogg's All-Bran Fiber iced tea mix. Guilty of fuzzy math because of all the fiber, each packet is only 20 calories, and 12 grams of carbs, 10 of which are fiber. Like Fiber One products, the fiber calories are already deducted on the packet. Technically, 1 gram of carbs has 4 calories. 12 grams multiplied by 4 calories equals 48 calories. Since fiber is indigestible, it's 40 calories aren't counted. That leaves 8 calories, mathematically, so I don't know where they get 20. As I said - fuzzy math. You never know what you're truly ingesting. I suppose, technically, we could all subtract fiber calories from our calorie counts, and eat more food. But then we'd have to be careful not to double dip, and make sure none of our total fiber grams have already been accounted for in calorie counts. And really, who wants to put that much thought into it?

Speaking of labels, episode 22 of Beyond Diet Podcast addresses funky food labels. I knew most of the stuff they talked about, but I think a lot of people would be quite shocked.

I didn't have to worry about eating too many pumpkin carrot muffins. My son ate 5 of them in the last 2 days. I'm glad they are decent.

7:50 AM - Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal w/ 1% milk

11:15 AM - scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa, whole wheat mini bagel w/ light cream cheese

2:40 PM - turkey salad w/ Caesar vinaigrette dressing, green peppers & avocado-chipotle hummus

3:40 PM - plum

5:55 PM - tilapia & mixed vegetables

7:40 PM - whole wheat mini-bagel w/ light cream cheese & turkey

Two cups of coffee and 80 ounces of water.

Calories - 1512
Carbs - 197 (52 fiber)
Protein - 113
Fat - 40
C/P/F Ratio - 49.1/28.2/22.7

No comments: