Thursday, July 23, 2009

Labor Day Challenge - Week 2 - Thursday

WORKOUT C:
I did these 2 as a pair, with 45 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
negative chin up 5x5xbodyweight
dumbbell shoulder press 5x5x15
I did these 2 as a pair, with 30 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
dumbbell pull over 3x8x20
standing calf raise 3x8x65

Today's cardio was an 18-minute interval. 30 seconds each:

butt kicks
jump rope
punches
jump rope
screamers
jump rope
x 6

With some extra jump rope to warm up and cool down, I did this for 20 minutes and burned 153 calories. I didn't get to do as high an intensity as I would have liked because the cord for my headphones kept getting in the way and my mp3 player kept falling out of my pocket or the clip wouldn't stay on my waist band. It was a total pain in the ass. I need a better system. I had my Zune plugged in to the speakers with the timer file playing and used my little mp3 player to listen to some music while I did the routine. I could overlay my music over the timer file, but then I can't randomize the songs. But I'm doing this again tomorrow!

7:45 AM - plum & cottage cheese; I tried nectarines again, once I had one that was softer and I still didn't like it so I officially do no like nectarines. But I can eat some plums!

10:30 PM - avocado & cream cheese omelet w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

1:30 PM - chicken breast, avocado & cream cheese on romaine lettuce wraps, baby carrots & green peppers w/ avocado hummus

5:45 PM - green peppers w/ avocado hummus; Nothing sucks more than finding out my husband won't be home for dinner for 2 more hours. I freaking hate his work schedule.

8:00 PM - bottom round roast w/ mixed vegetables

And I'm going to bed early because someone wants to spend his birthday money at a store that's an hour away and I want to be out the door no later than 8 AM. I'm hitting the farmers market on the way home. I need more fruit - grapes and plums and a grapefruit for my husband. Oh, and green peppers. I always need green peppers. I have a good food plan in place for tomorrow's trip. I promised my son we'd have lunch at the Burger King with the playground that's on the way to Virginia. I've scoped out the menu and I plan to get a grilled chicken salad with fat free dressing and a veggie burger with no bun or mayonnaise. And now that I've put that out on my blog, I won't be tempted to get a burger and onion rings. Well, I'll be tempted, but I won't get them.

Four cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water.

Calories - 1637
Carbs - 134 (32 fiber)
Protein - 138
Fat - 63
C/P/F Ratio - 32.5/33.4/34.1

No comments: