Friday, July 24, 2009

Labor Day Challenge - Week 2 - Friday

WORKOUT D:
I did these 2 as a pair, with 45 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
deadlift 5x5x85
tricep kickback 5x5x15 - HA! I didn't realize I grabbed my 15 pounders until I was a few reps in, so I decided to just go with it.
I did these 2 as a pair, with 30 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
good morning 3x8x45
Bulgarian split squat 3x8x15 - Again, up from last week because I was too lazy to swap out. I usually prep the night before by setting everything up. Good to know I can go heavier for kickbacks and these dreaded things.

I did yesterday's interval routine again:

butt kicks
jump rope
punches
jump rope
screamers
jump rope
x 6, with an extra butt kicks/punches cycle

In 20 minutes, I burned 162 calories. I solved my audio problems, so I was able to focus on the workout rather than where my mp3 player was bouncing. I ended up overlaying the interval cue file with my favorite high intensity playlist, and I must say, I loved the way it came out. I even picked the perfect song for the end, to help me kick it up a little notch. It's 23 minutes long, so I get a little cool down dance time:

Battle Of One - 30 Seconds To Mars
The Fantasy - 30 Seconds To Mars
No Way Back - Foo Fighters
Long Way Down - Goo Goo Dolls
Rhythm From A Red Car - Hardline
Someone Like You - Bang Tango
Astro Zombies - My Chemical Romance

The only problem is, if I want to change the songs, I have to reconstruct the entire file. I had to put all the songs in one continuous file, then put the timer over it. It's not difficult (now that I've figured out the software!) but just a little time consuming.

6:10 AM - apple 7 cottage cheese

9:30 AM - plums & round steak; Weird combo, I know, but I needed something portable.

11:45 AM - BK grilled chicken salad w/ fat free ranch dressing; I ended up not getting the veggie burger as I planned yesterday. I was so full of water that I wasn't really hungry.

1:00 PM - small piece of fudge; I bought some for my son while we were at the farmers market but he didn't eat the whole piece. At $12.99 a pound, I wasn't about to throw any of it away.

3:15 PM - raw zucchini slices w/ avocado & salsa

4:35 PM - I snuck the rest of the ice cream cake I made my son last weekend. I don't feel guilty for eating/sneaking it, either.

7:30 PM - whole wheat mini-bagel w/ light cream cheese, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper, avocado & salsa

Three cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water.

No numbers today! I'm posting early so I can curl up and read a book, without worrying about the computer for the rest of the day!

No comments: