Friday, July 17, 2009

Labor Day Challenge - Week 1 - Friday

WORKOUT D:
I did these 2 as a pair, with 45 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
deadlift 5x5x85
tricep kickback 5x5x10
I did these 2 as a pair, with 30 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
good morning 3x8x45
Bulgarian split squat 3x8x10

I tweaked my neck/shoulder after my workout. I was feeling a little energetic and did a chin up, but I was a bit too enthusiastic about it. Now my neck is sore and I can't turn my head well. I'm glad I'm done lifting until Monday.

No cardio today. We went to the farmers market again. I actually paid attention to the pedometer and it is actually 50 miles, round trip. I'm not so sure it's worth it in terms of money, but it's a nice drive and I know stuff will be in stock for the most part, and good quality. Today I bought green peppers, onions, zucchini, peaches, plums, grapes, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, and apples. Oh and nectarines. I've never had those. I figured the plums were such a hit with me, it was time to try another fruit. It's the grapes though, that got me. I can't stop eating them! I should have bought more.

While we were there, I split an ice cream with my son. It was good times. Then we came home and played some Wii Sports.

I'm not logging food. The ice cream isn't much of a factor - I know I ate about 135 calories worth. It's the grapes. I swear, these are the most delicious grapes I have ever eaten. I can't eat too many or they will give me a belly ache, but I'm definitely not stopping to measure every time I sneak a few from the refrigerator. Fruit is definitely an issue for me - it makes me even hungrier, even if I pair it with protein. I'm going to have to come up with some "rules" for eating fruit. My pre-workout apple& cottage cheese never gives me a problem, but one grape sends me spiraling out of control. Do not like!!!

Four cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water.

No comments: