Monday, July 27, 2009

Labor Day Challenge - Week 3 - Monday

WORKOUT A:
I did these 2 as a pair, with 45 seconds of rest at the end of the circuit:
lying barbell press 5x5x65
one-arm dumbbell row 5x5x30
I did these 2 as a pair, with 30 seconds of rest at the end of the pair:
seated calf raise 3x20x40
lying dumbbell fly 3x8x15

Today's intervals:

butt kicks
jump rope
punches
jump rope
cross-country skiing
jump rope
x 6, with an extra butt kicks/punches cycle

In 20 minutes, I burned 160 calories. This was better than the one last week, with screamers, because I had a hard time with balance, but I don't care much for the cross-country skiing in general. I think it's a boring move, even for 30 seconds at a time.

Someone on Babycenter recommended the Beyond Diet Podcast. It is AWESOME!! I highly recommend it. The first podcast talks about why the scale sucks, what really happens when we diet, the behaviors & psychology associated with diet and exercise - among other things. It was love at first listen.

I don't have any cottage cheese this week because the store was wiped out when I did my shopping and I won't get to another store until the end of the week.

Today was my first attempt at Meatless Monday. I kicked around the idea last week, along with a different theme every day of the week, and I forgot all about it until I woke up this morning. I knew I wasn't very well prepared, but decided to go for it anyway. I ate eggs, thinking they were okay, then I read that they were not okay, then I read elsewhere that they actually were. Since I have no plans to make meatless a lifestyle, and have no real opinion of the suggested ethical, nutritional, and environmental benefits, I'm going with the eggs are okay to have on Meatless Monday camp.

7:20 AM - Rice Krispies w/ 1% milk

10:30 AM - avocado & light cream cheese omelet w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

1:30 PM - baby carrots & green peppers w/ avocado-chipotle hummus, mozzarella string cheese

6:15 PM - quinoa, onion & garlic stuffed peppers

8:30 PM - frozen bananas

Four cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water.

Calories - 1586
Carbs - 227 (32 fiber)
Protein - 71
Fat - 51
C/P/F Ratio - 55/17.1/27.9

No comments: