Friday, July 3, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 9 - Friday

30 Day Shred level 3 and Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 - 77 minutes and 480 calories. I was really tired and almost ran out of steam a couple times.

Last night before bed, I ate 2 more protein granola bars. Something is up here and I think I'm over-carbing. I've always been sure I'm sensitive to carbs and I think the sweetness from the honey and the dried fruit in the bars is making me hungry. I also think I'm eating too much wheat. So next week, none of that. I honestly think these are the problems. So, I froze the rest of the granola bars I had in the refrigerator.

5:15 AM- Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal w/ skim milk; I'll be saying goodbye to cereal for a while, too.

7:00 AM - banana

9:30 AM - peppers, baby carrots, cucumbers, turkey slices; I packed all of these for a 3 hour drive to Virginia.

12:00 PM - lunch at Friendly's: half a turkey club sandwich, a salad w/ ranch dressing (I dipped instead of poured, for the first time ever), a few of my son's french fries, and a small bowl of chocolate ice cream

3:15 PM - banana, mozzarella string cheese & protein granola bar

6:40 PM - chicken breast, broccoli & cauliflower w/ light barbecue sauce

Three cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water.

I'm not even going to bother with numbers today. I'm probably just a tad over maintenance levels.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Have you ever read, "Heather Eats Almond Butter" blog? She recently wrote a post on sugar and though I know this doesn't exactly pertain to you you might find some of what she writes interesting. There's a post below her sugar one on her weightloss...it talks about her body being very sensitive to fruit, white flour, etc.

Just a thought! I still think you're doing great. Maybe something else is going on...stress or something unrelated to food?

Becky said...

I have not read that blog but you can bet I am going to now! I am 99.99% sure it's the flour and/or sugar. I can't think of anything else that could be going on, other than a thyroid issue but I want to see what I can do on my own because I don't have a doctor. Or insurance. But I honestly think it's just my own carelessness with some of the less friendly carbs.