Monday, July 20, 2009

Labor Day Challenge - Week 2 - Monday

WORKOUT A:
I did these 3 as a circuit, with 45 seconds of rest at the end of the circuit:
lying barbell press 5x5x65
seated calf raise 3x20x40
one-arm dumbbell row 5x5x30
Then this on it's own, with 30 seconds of rest between sets:
lying dumbbell fly 3x8x15

I did not do Turbo Jam Fat Blaster this morning as I'd planned. I was up a lot during the night with the worst nausea I've ever had in my life. Even this morning, I wasn't completely recovered and wanted to push weights to tomorrow. When I eat too many of the wrong kinds of carbs, I get terrible heartburn and last night it was so bad I couldn't even swallow. I couldn't decide whether or not I actually wanted to make myself throw up. I couldn't eat my usual pre-workout snack this morning and just was not hungry. I forced myself to at least do weights, then took my son to the playground for a while. By the time we got back, my appetite was returning, but I was still a bit out of it. I took a cat nap and read a book, and once I got up, I felt a million times better. I hope to be 100% tomorrow. I have fat blasting to do. Not doing Turbo has been driving me nuts and I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with my crappy mood and lack of energy lately.

I've done some more reading on body fat measurements and now I'm convinced that my last set of measurements is way off. I don't think Sam was doing it right - I'm sure of it, even though I was fairly confident at the time. Maybe I'll have him do it again this weekend. I think he was just pinching my skin and not grabbing any of the fat. There is NO WAY that I'm under 20%. NO WAY. It's amazing how ignorant and delusional I am about all of this, and I consider myself pretty well informed.

Oh, here's an interesting exercise I want to try this week, the Turkish Getup. I'm not sure how to incorporate it. I don't want to do it as a strength exercise because I have my routine. Maybe in a Spartan workout (100, 200, 300, whatever). My hero, Craig Ballantyne, was doing them in a video I saw last week but now I can't find it.

6:30 AM - banana

10:35 AM - turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper, light cream cheese and salsa

2:00 PM - baked sweet potato chips & tilapia w/ extra virgin olive oil; I bought an oil mister - it's the coolest thing ever! I can weigh & distribute my oils easier.

3:40 PM - baby carrots & green peppers w/ avocado hummus

6:20 PM - cube steak & mixed vegetables w/ sun dried tomato dressing

8:05 PM - cottage cheese & plum; I actually started out with a nectarine, but did not like it and spit it right out.

Four cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water.

Calories - 1349
Carbs - 126 (19 fiber)
Protein - 126
Fat - 37
C/P/F Ratio - 37.6/37.6/24.8

No comments: