Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 6 - Wednesday

I have to say, I was very disappointed with myself. I've decided that I can no longer deal with No More Trouble Zones. It is a great program, but doing it with Shred and doing regular weight training was making me crazy. It' not hard - just more boring than I can tolerate. I didn't feel like it was working me hard enough to get a good cardio effect from the circuits and was doing NOTHING for my muscles. So, I've decided not to do that video anymore, and I'm going to do real cardio in its place, probably Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1. I can burn more calories in less time if I do Turbo or Tae Bo. I'm still going to do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism as scheduled, though. So why was I disappointed? I was upset that I didn't stick with my original plan, to do things this way for 10 weeks. Then I realized that I have to be flexible if I'm going to do this for the rest of my life. If something's not working, I need to change it as soon as I realize it's not, rather than wait until some self-imposed deadline.

So, today I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1 and the standing portion of Ab Jam in place of NMTZ. I haven't done CP1 in probably a year, and other than having to relearn the moves (and trying not to mix them up with CP2, which I do often), it was wonderful! The whole time I was Shredding, I just felt relief that I had Turbo Jam after instead of anything else. I am very, very happy with the switch. After all 3 workouts were said and done, I did 79 minutes and burned 499 calories.

We slept in today and my whole day felt off kilter. I do NOT like getting my workout in so late. So no more sleeping in!

8:15 AM - apple & cottage cheese

10:50 AM - banana protein smoothie, homemade bagel w/ light cream cheese

1:00 PM - sliced turkey & green peppers w/ avocado hummus on flat bread

4:00 PM - Fiber One yogurt

7:00 PM - chicken omelet w/ green pepper, onion & salsa, homemade bagel w/ light cream cheese

8:30 PM - pepper jack cheese & air popped popcorn; Gotta have a Good night and Big Balls snack!

Two cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water today.

Calories - 1666
Carbs - 207 (38 fiber)
Protein - 140
Fat - 37
C/P/F Ratio - 48/32.6/19.4

No comments: