Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 5 - Thursday

No rest between exercises. Between pairs, just enough to change out weights when needed.

pull/chin up 5x3xbodyweight
dumbbell calf raise 3x8x30

barbell hang clean & press 3x5x40
double crunch 3x8

dumbbell stationary lunge 3x5x25 per side
walking push up 3x8

I knew going into this that I would not be doing 15 chin ups. I broke it up so that I might get 1 per set and the rest would be negatives, but I only managed one real chin up and 14 negatives over the 5 sets. I'm not disappointed - I look at it like I have a goal to work toward. Overall, the workout was challenging and the last pair of exercises really got my heart rate up.

I did not sleep well last night. I couldn't lie on my back or on my left side because of the sunburn, so I was up often, trying to get comfortable. I'm not really tired today but I can't have another like that. I'm actually kind of worried about Saturday's workout, which includes bench presses and squats, with the bar across my back. If my sunburn's not better, I'm going to have to substitute. I think I can do push ups instead of benching and a different kind of squat - NOT a front squat though, I despise those. But I'd prefer to do what I have scheduled.

Cardio today was Biggest Loser stuff - 40 minutes and 209 calories. I feel like that's not enough, but I keep forgetting that I've also just weight lifted. I wish there was an accurate way to calculate calories burned there.

5:25 AM - apple & cottage cheese

8:50 AM - turkey bacon, homemade bagel w/ light cream cheese, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

12:15 PM - salad w/ lettuce, green peppers, tomato, onion, red pepper Italian dressing & Sargento salad finisher

3:00 PM - chocolate covered banana; My son and I made this - we melted some chocolate chips with coconut oil and poured it over some bananas, then popped it into the freezer until the chocolate set. He loved it!!!

6:20 PM - turkey patty, ketchup, onion & tomato on flat bread

8:00 PM - apple & cottage cheese; I couldn't decide between a turkey sandwich and some Fiber One treats.

Two cups of coffee and 140 ounces of water today.

Calories - 1852
Carbs - 184 (26 fiber)
Protein - 151
Fat - 65
C/P/F Ratio - 38.3/31.4/30.4

1 comment:

that70sgrl said...

One chin-up is GREAT! (We're in the small minority of women who can even do one! :o) ) And the negatives will surely help!
Sorry about your sunburn, hope it heals quick!