Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 6 - Sunday

129.5 today. Down 2.5 from last week. I've lost 3 pounds in 6 weeks. That sounds about right for this stage and the way I'm eating - half a pound (average) per week.

I think I might have the answer to my heart rate monitor problems. Well part of it anyway. I'm still confused but there's a VO2 setting on the HRM - that has something to do with oxygen something or other. I understand the basic premise of it but to explain it is just way out of my league. The more fit you are, the higher your VO2. The default setting seemed high to me, so I lowered it - a lot, probably too much, because after I did more reading, I'm fitter than I thought. I'm definitely at least average, and I gave my self a number in the very unfit range. So I need to change that. Of course, the most accurate way for testing VO2 is under the supervision of people who know what they are doing. Luckily for me, there are things I can do on my own to give me a decent enough approximation. This morning, I did the Rockport Fitness Walking Test and my VO2, according to that, is approximately 42 mls/kg/min. The units aren't important (LOL mainly because I can't explain them, even though I understand them) but the number itself puts me in the Superior category. I don't know about all that (because it's not an official, struictky controlled test, just a good approximation) but I'm DEFINITELY fitter than the Fair category I had myself in yesterday. So, I am going to change that number in my HRM, along with my weight (which I hadn't been able to even decrease until today!) and see what happens tomorrow when I do Cardio Party 3.

Oh, and walking that mile in 15:15, I burned 73 calories. I'm counting it.

7:50 AM - cottage cheese, Total cereal w/ skim milk

11:00 AM - turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

1:00 PM - turkey, tomato, onion & green pepper wrap

2:00 PM - banana bread; I was tasting a new recipe. It was great.

4:40 PM - grilled chicken w/ pepper jack cheese, sweet potato w/ ketchup

6:30 PM - apple & cottage cheese; I really wanted a Fiber One bar or even ice cream or candy, which would have been fewer calories, but not as much food. Plus, this was healthier.

Three cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water.

Calories - 1701
Carbs - 135 (21 fiber)
Protein - 160
fat - 43
C/P/F Ratio - 39/38/23

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Holy crap Becky! I'm really behind on your posts since being away, but the first thing I saw was 129.5. I am currently picking my jaw up off the floor..you are the WOMAN!!!!

Becky said...

Thanks! :)

that70sgrl said...

AWESOME Progress Becky! You are indeed a machine! I have the F6 too, I think I need to calibrate the VO2 thing as well, thanks for posting that link. Gonna try that out tmrw!