Friday, June 12, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 6 - Friday

30 Day Shred Level 2 and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (yuck - getting tired of this one but it's such a good workout) - 80 minutes and 413 calories. Something happened in the middle of my Shred workout and the heart rate monitor crapped out on me for a minute. Between that and some weird adjustment my HRM made yesterday, my calories burned were a bit lower than normal. I am 100% certain the settings on my monitor (age, weight, gender) are correct, so I don't know if today was just a fluke or what. I don't understand the OwnZone thing with my monitor at all - it adjusts based on your heart rate somehow. Normally, I'm working out between 65 & 85% of my whatever, and today it was only between 55 & 75%, even though I didn't change anything about how I work out. I'll see how it goes tomorrow (even though tomorrow's workout is new and I have nothing to compare it to) and maybe I'll have to go through the OwnZone set up again. From what I've read on the Polar support boards, this is normal and a good thing? I also might not be moistening my contacts on the chest strap well enough.

I'm very stoked - the Ab Straps for my Iron Gym came today. I will have to incorporate them into my next program.

5:20 AM - Total cereal w skim milk, banana

7:50 AM - homemade bagel w/ light cream cheese & turkey

11:20 AM - scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper, salsa & sour cream

2:40 PM - baby carrots & green peppers w/ avocado hummus

4:05 PM - yogurt, and not the low calorie kind; I had some Yoplait Pina Colada in the refrigerator and figured I'd try it out. I didn't know it had chunks of pineapple. I don't like yogurt with chunks. I only ate 2 bites.

4:30 PM - mozzarella string cheese

7:00 PM - grilled chicken breast & quinoa

Two cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water. Oh, and 1 bite of chocolate ice cream.

Calories - 1551
Carbs - 157 (22 fiber)
Protein - 116
Fat - 55
C/P/F Ratio - 40.7/30.2/29.2

No comments: