Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 5 - Saturday

No rest between exercises. Between pairs, just enough to change out weights when needed.

barbell squat 3x5x75
plank 3x45s

barbell bench press 3x5x65
dips 3x8xbodyweight

barbell Romanian deadlift 3x5x80
chest supported dumbbell row 3x8x15

Cardio Party 2 and Recharge today, for 63 minutes and 401 calories. My arms and back were so sore from Thursday's workout that I didn't want to do ANYTHING!! Fortunately, once I start Turbo Jam, I get pumped up! And while I was contorting during Recharge, not only was I treated to oddly shaped belly fat during the various stretching poses, but I noticed my sunburn is practically gone, and in it's place, the most disgusting looking tiny blisters. I swear, I need to keep my eyes closed when I work out. And it doesn't help that my son comes up and pets my flab afterward, when I'm cooling off.

To show how pathetic my life is, I spent most of a Friday evening watching Turbo Jam videos and loving every minute of it. I so desperately want to ditch what I'm doing now and do Turbo full time. I don't hate the Jillian stuff and I do have a great variety in my current program, but there's just something about Turbo Jam that just makes me so happy. I'm not the most coordinated person in the world so being able to actually do (most of) it really lends to the appeal. I like cardio drills well enough (I do intend to get Shaun T's Insanity at some point), but it quickly becomes monotonous. I'm halfway through this current "challenge" and the end can't come soon enough. I don't want to be known as the person who can't handle 30 Day Shred. That's a blow to my ego.

I woke up late this morning. Well, I was up at 5 AM but didn't feel like getting out of bed. So I didn't get up until after 7. It felt good to sleep in but I felt like my whole day was gone by the time I finished working out and took a shower.

7:25 AM - apple & cottage cheese

10:50 AM - turkey bacon, homemade bagel w/ light cream cheese, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa

2:40 PM - grilled cheese & turkey on homemade whole wheat bread

6:30 PM - roasted chicken, broccoli & cauliflower w/ roasted red pepper dressing

8:00 PM - yogurt; I really, really, really wanted some homemade chocolate chocolate-chip ice cream but in the end, I decided that it was just too high calorie for me, today. The next recipe I try will be healthier.

Four cups of coffee and 120 ounces of water.

Calories - 1504
Carbs - 150 (25 fiber)
Protein - 119
Fat - 45
C/P/F Ratio - 40.5/32.2/27.3

And now for this week's math geek. This week (Sunday - Saturday), I burned 11431 calories just existing. Through (cardio) exercise, I burned 1979 calories, for a total of 13410 calories burned this week. This week, I ate 12247, for a difference of 1163 calories - a third of a pound.

No comments: