Friday, May 1, 2009

ChaLean Extreme - Week 12 - Friday

Lean Circuit 2 - 1 set of 12 (or at least 10) to failure of the following:

sumo squat w/ anterior deltoid lift (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [20 lb dumbbell, a pair for breakdown set]
double-arm row w/ single leg lift (+1 set of 3 rows, super slow) [20 lb dumbbells]
single hamstring curl w/ lateral raise (+1 set of 3 raises, super slow) [5 lb dumbbell]
runner's lunge w/ double-arm rows (+1 set of 3 rows, super slow) [20 lb dumbbells]
lateral raise w/ abduction (+1 set of 3 raises, super slow) [5 lb dumbbells]
plank w/ single-arm row (+1 set of 3 push ups, super slow) [20 lb dumbbell] - all on toes
reverse lunge w/ lateral raise (+1 set of 3 raises, super slow) [5 lb dumbbell]
posterior deltoid raise w/ leg lift (+1 set of 3 raises, super slow) [5 lb dumbbell]
squat w/ double-arm anterior deltoid lift (+1 set of 3 squats, super slow) [5 lb dumbbell, pair of 20 for breakdown set]

Thank goodness the circuits are over. After tomorrow's cardio & stretching, I'm going to be very happy to have this behind me. I am really excited about starting Jillian's stuff next week.

Food was definitely weird today. I did weigh/measure some things (butter and egg substitute), but only to make sure I wasn't going over my normal portions. Again, it was nice to pop some green peppers in my mouth while I was prepping without worrying how much I was eating. One thing I've noticed already - I eat more vegetables when I don't have to weigh and log them. Sometimes, I just want to grab something from the refrigerator and munch. Today, it's celery. Not super high on the nutrition scale - let's face it, it's practically just crispy water - but if I went out and bought some fresh vegetables (which I will do Sunday), I am going to eat the hell out of them. Having to stop and measure then log everything was a deterrent. Which is a double-edged sword because not measuring and tracking the not so good stuff (such as salad dressing peanut butter and goodies) can cause me to overeat. Fortunately, I intend to measure those just quickly to keep me in check, then forget about it. I can do that. I feel so good about this decision.

6:00 AM - apple & cottage cheese, part of my son's granola bar

10:25 AM - coffee w/ half-and-half & Splenda, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa, toast w/ butter

12:05 PM - Yoplait Whips - chocolate mousse style; Ouch. I bought these without even checking the nutritional information. They have almost twice as many calories as my regular yogurt in a third fewer ounces. I'm not a huge fan of yogurt to begin with. This stuff is good, but not 160 calories for 4 ounces good.

3:00 PM - chicken salad w/ light Italian dressing, celery

5:20 PM - mozzarella string cheese

6:40 PM - London broil w/ sauteed green pepper, onion, garlic & broccoli; I did weigh my meat just to make sure I wasn't eating too much. I took more than I normally might have, but certainly not more than I've eaten guilt-free before, and I actually got full and ended up giving some of it to my husband. Oh, then I had 1 M&M out of the little bag my son had for his dessert.

I am a little nervous, not knowing my calories for the day, but I think I did okay. I'm sure this will get easier. I worry that if I don't see a loss on Sunday, I'm going to blame it on this and that's just crazy.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Great first day! :D The yogurt sounds DELICIOUS! But...I tend to agree with you. That's a lot of calories for a little bit of yogurt.

GL tomorrow! :)