Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jillian Kicks My Butt - Week 1 - Wednesday

Today's butt-crack of dawn workout was Level 1 of 30 Day Shred, followed by Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. This workout is all cardio circuits, well and an ab circuit, and it's awesome! I loved it! In 80 minutes, I burned 504 calories, quite a bit more than SparkPeople calculated. Maybe this heart rate monitor won't be so useless after all.

I have to say, I'm a tad bit tender. Not sore but if I sit a certain way (or laugh hard) I can feel that my muscles are asking me WTF I've been doing. I think I need to stretch better. I might have to add the Flexibility portion of one of the Biggest Loser dvds to each workout.

I had to go to bed a littler earlier than normal last night because this 5 AM stuff is rough. Of course, I woke up at 4 AM today and couldn't get back to sleep. When 5 rolled aorund, I got out of bed. And so did my son. So much for exercising in peace. He was good though. I think I've made it pretty clear that it's my time and if he doesn't like it, he can go right back to bed.

5:15 AM - Total cereal w/ skim milk, banana

9:20 AM - turkey bacon, scrambled eggs w/ onion, green pepper & salsa, toast w/ butter

12:55 PM - chicken salad w/ salsa & sour cream

2:45 PM - sno-cone

3:10 PM - chicken sandwich w/ cheese

8:00 PM - green peppers stuffed w/ lean beef & quinoa

Two cups of coffee and 140 ounces of water today.

No comments: